facebook

Error after upgrading Node/Angular-cli: Failed to create the part's controls

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

quaternion2
    Participant

When I click on a file such as app.module.ts I get the error: “Failed to create the part’s controls” where I would of course expect to see the contents of said file.

The program still runs fine when issuing “ng serve” but I have had to resort to the editor I was using prior to “Angular IDE”… which is working okay, but it gets some syntax highlighting wrong, and is missing the linting support, etc.

In clicking the “Details” button that accompanies the error we get (I have no further comments after this error):
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The node process has crashed.
    Last 11 lines of error console output:
    Bridge type: classifier
    Running with TS version:2.5.3
    Initializing endpoint classifier in version 2.5.3
    /home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node[8832]: ../src/node_file.cc:537:void node::InternalModuleStat(const v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value>&): Assertion `args[0]->IsString()’ failed.
    1: node::Abort() [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    2: 0x8c811b [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    3: 0x8f868c [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    4: v8::internal::FunctionCallbackArguments::Call(void (*)(v8::FunctionCallbackInfo<v8::Value> const&)) [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    5: 0xaddc5c [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    6: v8::internal::Builtin_HandleApiCall(int, v8::internal::Object**, v8::internal::Isolate*) [/home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node]
    7: 0x2918fc1042fd

at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.internal.Bridge.call(Bridge.java:165)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.classifier.Classifier.getClassificationsForLines(Classifier.java:62)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.reconciler.PresentationReconciler.classifyLines(PresentationReconciler.java:277)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.reconciler.PresentationReconciler.createPresentation(PresentationReconciler.java:246)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.reconciler.PresentationReconciler.processEvent(PresentationReconciler.java:132)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.reconciler.PresentationReconciler.access$0(PresentationReconciler.java:123)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.reconciler.PresentationReconciler$MyTextListener.textChanged(PresentationReconciler.java:389)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.updateTextListeners(TextViewer.java:2699)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.invalidateTextPresentation(TextViewer.java:3320)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.initializeWidgetContents(TextViewer.java:3368)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.setVisibleDocument(TextViewer.java:3407)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.ProjectionViewer.setVisibleDocument(ProjectionViewer.java:691)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.setDocument(TextViewer.java:2795)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.setDocument(SourceViewer.java:634)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.projection.ProjectionViewer.setDocument(ProjectionViewer.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.setDocument(SourceViewer.java:584)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.initializeSourceViewer(AbstractTextEditor.java:3995)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:3465)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:445)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.TypeScriptEditor.createPartControl(TypeScriptEditor.java:474)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:340)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:966)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:931)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:151)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:375)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:294)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:162)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:74)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:975)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:651)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:757)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:728)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$2.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:722)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl$1.handleEvent(PartServiceImpl.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:40)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:233)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:145)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:5414)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:36)
    at
    … REST OMITTED

#554786 Reply

support-swapna

quarternion2,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. There is a known issue with viewing .ts files in TypeScript editor with Node 8.x version but from the stacktrace it looks like you are working with Node 7.x.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. How exactly did you upgrade the Angular CLI and Node versions? Did you make any changes to the project to support the upgraded Angular CLI and Node versions? If yes, then let us know where exactly you made those changes.

2. Can you please clarify if you have changed the Node.js version in the Typescript Preferences page ( Window > Preferences > TypeScript) ? Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

3. If you have changed the Node.js version in the TypeScript preferences page, then please try pointing to the Node version to anything < 8.x in the user home/.webclipse/nodejs folder, restart the IDE and check if the issue persists.If the problem persists with Node 7.x from the .webclipse folder, then try with Node 6.x. Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you. --Swapna MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #555252 Reply

quaternion2
    Participant

1 a) This is my version information from “ng version”:
    Angular CLI: 1.6.8
    Node: 9.5.0
    Angular: 5.2.4
    … animations, common, compiler, compiler-cli, core, forms
    … http, language-service, platform-browser
    … platform-browser-dynamic, router

@angular
    /cdk: 5.2.0

@angular
    /cli: 1.6.8

@angular
    /material: 5.2.0
    @angular-devkit/build-optimizer: 0.0.42
    @angular-devkit/core: 0.0.29
    @angular-devkit/schematics: 0.0.52
    @ngtools/json-schema: 1.1.0
    @ngtools/webpack: 1.9.8
    @schematics/angular: 0.1.17
    typescript: 2.5.3
    webpack: 3.10.0

1 b) My upgrade procedure I think was outdated, i did the following:
    npm uninstall -g angular-cli @angular/cli
    npm cache clean
    npm install -g @angular/cli@latest
    rm -rf node_modules dist # On Windows use rmdir /s /q node_modules dist
    npm install –save-dev @angular/cli@latest
    npm install

Then I manually updated package.json to the newly installed versions (I did this by creating a new angular cli project and visually transfered the new version numbers)

——————————
    2) Window > Preferences > TypeScript = /home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node
    Because that is not the version I am using changed that to 9.5.0 by pointing at:
    /usr/bin/node

and now get the error:
    Exception while dispatching event org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=org/eclipse/e4/ui/model/ui/ElementContainer/children/ADD] {ChangedElement=org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.basic.impl.TrimBarImpl@20a47036 (elementId: org.eclipse.ui.main.toolbar, tags: [], contributorURI: platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.ui.workbench) (widget: Composite {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer@d640fe6, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null) (side: Top), org.eclipse.e4.data={ChangedElement=org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.basic.impl.TrimBarImpl@20a47036 (elementId: org.eclipse.ui.main.toolbar, tags: [], contributorURI: platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.ui.workbench) (widget: Composite {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer@d640fe6, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null) (side: Top), AttName=children, EventType=ADD, Position=8, Widget=Composite {}, NewValue=org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.menu.impl.ToolBarImpl@77f76656 (elementId: com.palantir.typescript.text.typeScriptEditor, tags: [Draggable], contributorURI: null) (widget: ToolBar {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer@34e1c23d, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null)}, AttName=children, EventType=ADD, Position=8, Widget=Composite {}, NewValue=org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.menu.impl.ToolBarImpl@77f76656 (elementId: com.palantir.typescript.text.typeScriptEditor, tags: [Draggable], contributorURI: null) (widget: ToolBar {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer@34e1c23d, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null)} to handler org.eclipse.e4.core.di.internal.extensions.EventObjectSupplier$DIEventHandler@586f1bef

————————
    Ah it has to be a version less that 7 (sorry at first reading I thought it was only 8.x which has an issue). Since this is a bit of an annoyance, this is a priority to be addressed?
    ————————

I justed tested a new angular-cli project (node v 9), the editor isn’t able to open files in that version either not knowing this issue I thought it might be sporadic, but this seems to indicate it is completely broken?

#555332 Reply

support-swapna

quaternion2,

Thank you for the details.

2) Window > Preferences > TypeScript = /home/ken/.nvm/versions/node/v7.7.4/bin/node
    Because that is not the version I am using changed that to 9.5.0 by pointing at:
    /usr/bin/node

The Node.js version in the TypeScript preferences page is for use internally with our tooling and it does not affect the projects you created with Node >= 8.x versions. You do not have to change it to point to Node >= 8.x when you are working with projects created with Node >= 8.x version.

By default, the TypeScript preferences page points to Node 4.x version. Can you please click ‘Restore Defaults’ in the TypeScript preferences page, apply the changes, restart the IDE and check if you can open the .ts files in the TypeScript editor?

To rule out workspace specific problems, please switch to a new workspace, create an Angular project with the desired versions, do not make any changes to the TypeScript preferences page and check if you can open the .ts files.

Please let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Error after upgrading Node/Angular-cli: Failed to create the part's controls

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in