facebook

Error in ng commands inside Terminal+ after upgrading to Angular 6.1.7

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

beleta1
    Participant

I was filling an Angular issue in GitHub when I realized that the problem only shows in a Terminal+ window when running and ng command like ng test or ng serve. When running these commands from the os terminals both in Windows or Mac there is no any problem at all.

I updated angular-ide to 0.9.44 before running the angular updates.

This is the issue I was filling:

[x] Regression (a behavior that used to work and stopped working in a new release)
    [ ] Bug report
    [ ] Performance issue
    [ ] Feature request
    [ ] Documentation issue or request
    [ ] Support request
    [ ] Other… Please describe:

Current behavior

After upgrading to Angular 6.1.7 from 6.1.2 I get the following error when running any ng command: ng serve, ng test, ng e2e, etc.

The error is:

You provided an invalid object where a stream was expected. You can provide an Observable, Promise, Array, or Iterable. TypeError: You provided an invalid object where a stream was expected. You can provide an Observable, Promise, Array, or Iterable. at Object.exports.subscribeTo (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_modu at Object.subscribeToResult (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_module at MergeMapSubscriber._innerSub (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_mo at MergeMapSubscriber._tryNext (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_mod at MergeMapSubscriber._next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_module at MergeMapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\n at MapSubscriber._next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_modules\rxj at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_m at TapSubscriber._next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_modules\rxj at TapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_m at MergeMapSubscriber.notifyNext (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_m at InnerSubscriber._next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_modules\r at InnerSubscriber.Subscriber.next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node at MapSubscriber._next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_modules\rxj at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_m at MergeMapSubscriber.notifyNext (C:\Eclipse\Workspaces\workspace.oxygen\EscolaSpringBootStarterAngular\node_modules\@angular\cli\node_m

#598389 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

Hi

After upgrading node and angular versions my server in angular ide doesn’t start anymore. I’m attaching a screenshot of what is happening.
    If i run ng serve or ng build from my osx terminal all goes fine.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Edit:
    I’ve also found this error and I don’t know why
    TypeError: You provided an invalid object where a stream was expected. You can provide an Observable, Promise, Array, or Iterable.
    at Object.exports.subscribeTo (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/util/subscribeTo.js:42:15)
    at Object.subscribeToResult (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/util/subscribeToResult.js:7:26)
    at MergeMapSubscriber._innerSub (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/mergeMap.js:75:38)
    at MergeMapSubscriber._tryNext (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/mergeMap.js:72:14)
    at MergeMapSubscriber._next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/mergeMap.js:55:18)
    at MergeMapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/Subscriber.js:64:18)
    at MapSubscriber._next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/map.js:52:26)
    at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/Subscriber.js:64:18)
    at TapSubscriber._next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/tap.js:62:26)
    at TapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/Subscriber.js:64:18)
    at MergeMapSubscriber.notifyNext (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/mergeMap.js:84:26)
    at InnerSubscriber._next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/InnerSubscriber.js:25:21)
    at InnerSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/Subscriber.js:64:18)
    at MapSubscriber._next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/map.js:52:26)
    at MapSubscriber.Subscriber.next (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/Subscriber.js:64:18)
    at MergeMapSubscriber.notifyNext (/Users/gmgallo/Lavoro/Progetti/workspaceAngular/CopAng/node_modules/@angular/cli/node_modules/rxjs/internal/operators/mergeMap.js:84:26)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by gmgallo.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by support-tony.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598414 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

beleta1,

This problem might be caused by incompatibilities between the version of rxjs and other modules, though if you see no problem in terminals outside of eclipse then that’s probably not an issue. So far, we’ve been unable to replicate but if you could provide your package.json file from the project, it would help us investigate.

Please provide the file or let us know if you manage to fix it.

#598415 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gmgallo,

This problem might be caused by incompatibilities between the version of rxjs and other modules, though if you see no problem in terminals outside of eclipse then that’s probably not an issue. So far, we’ve been unable to replicate but if you could provide your package.json file from the project, it would help us investigate. Could you also mention the version of Angular that you updated from?

Please provide the file and information or let us know if you manage to fix it yourself.

#598417 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

Remembering that if I run the command from macOS terminal the compilation and the serve go well,
    this is the compilation result in terminal:
    Gians-MacBook-Pro:CopAng gmgallo$ ng build –configuration=production

Date: 2018-09-18T06:59:10.929Z
    Hash: 350c594ac0b1f1bac2b8
    Time: 20999ms
    chunk {scripts} scripts.806effac119676237f10.js (scripts) 86.2 kB [rendered]
    chunk {0} runtime.a66f828dca56eeb90e02.js (runtime) 1.05 kB [entry] [rendered]
    chunk {1} styles.065cf791dce186cc6e1a.css (styles) 129 kB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {2} polyfills.479875dfe4ba221bc297.js (polyfills) 59.6 kB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {3} main.cebedf34ba6a7ba7f2ad.js (main) 758 kB [initial] [rendered]

And server is started or dist folder is created.

In angular ide I can’t start server and i can’t build production dist due to errors reported in the first post (and it’s frustrating). So it seems something is going wrong in ide. I’ve also deleted and reinstalled it without success.
    I’m attaching package.json. The update was a minor update from angular 6.1.5 to angular 6.1.7

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598426 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gmgallo and beleta1,

I’ve merged your two topics as the problem is the same. With the package.json file, I was able to replicate the problem and have raised a bug report for development to investigate and fix. We’ll get back to you when we have more information about the fix and better workarounds. For now, it’s possible to have ng commands run in Terminal+ only by renaming the ng command in angular-ide/bin under the node_modules folder although you won’t be able to manage the server from the Servers view, in this case. The renaming just stops that command being picked up ahead of the angular/cli ng command.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the issue.

#598431 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Thank you for your fast response and the partial workaround.

#598436 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

I think it’s not a great workaround cause in this way the server will not start. I use angular ide just because i can start server and i can debug my code in chrome.

I also think this bug needs an urgent solution

Thanks

#598485 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Indeed, this is regarded as a critical bug, so I’m confident it will get fixed very soon. And you’re right, gmgallo, it’s not a good workaround for some functions. Sorry about that.

#598490 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

You can debug your code in Chrome without any problem when using ng serve from an OS terminal. If you want to set breakpoints in your TS code just go the Sources tab of the DevTools window and find your sources under the top/webpack://./your_source_folder folder.

Regards.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by beleta1.
    #598651 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

Really nice, I didn’t know it!

Many thanks

#599251 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

It seems that the problem is solved after upgrading to the latest angular-ide version, that is 0.9.46.

#599349 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

beleta1,

Thanks for noticing; sorry we didn’t update this topic sooner. The update with the fix was released a couple of days ago.

Although we verified the fix, of course, it’s good to know that it works out in the field, so thanks again.

#599485 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

I’ve upgraded my angular ide but the server fault problem still remains 🙁

#599486 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

@gmgallo,

Mind sharing the exact version of angular-ide you see in the node_modules folder?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Error in ng commands inside Terminal+ after upgrading to Angular 6.1.7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in