facebook

Error Log

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mli2006
    Participant

Why there are a lot of errors in the error log? just empty workspace in MyEclipse 2019.

#613831 Reply

Hello,

Could you possibly share your .log file from your workspace/.metadata directory?

With best regards,
    Bartlomiej Laczkowski

#613832 Reply

mli2006
    Participant

Please see the error log attached.
    Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #613837 Reply

Starting MyEclipse with -clean switch should help to get rid of this entries in error log.

About the workspace that you start MyEclipse with – is it completely new workspace or were you using it with previous versions of MyEclipse? Is MyEclipse a fresh install or did you update already existing one? (If you updated MyEclipse can you tell us what was the previous version?)

With best regards,
    Bartlomiej Laczkowski

#613838 Reply

mli2006
    Participant

I am confused – how to start MyEclipse with -clean switch?

I upgraded MyEclipse from 2018 to 2019, then created a new workspace. Then I created a web project with maven support.

Thanks!
    Maggie

#613840 Reply

You can start MyEclipse with -clean switch from command line. To do so, please start cmd.exe, change directory to the one where you have MyEclipse installation and run myeclipse.exe -clean command. I am sure that it will help to set up MyEclipse installation in correct state and you won’t see those errors in the log file anymore.

P.S. Can you also attach the .bak_0.log from your workspace/.metadata directory so we will be able to check what was the exact version of your previous MyEclipse installation?

#613841 Reply

mli2006
    Participant

I ran the command myeclipse.exe -clean. but there are still errors in the error log.

Attahed is .bak_0 log.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    #613996 Reply

support-swapna

Maggie,

Thank you for the log.

Running MyEclipse with -clean should fix the stale plugin cache problem. Now that you have started MyEclipse with -clean, can you please switch to a fresh new workspace (give an empty folder name and MyEclipse will create the files in that folder) and check if the errors persists? If you are still seeing errors, then please share with us the .log file from this new workspace to help us investigate further.

Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#613997 Reply

mli2006
    Participant

I switched to a new workspace. The error are gone but there are still have some warnings. Is that a concern? Please see the log.

For existing projects in the old workspace with errors in the error log, do I have to switch to a new workspace and import the projects?

Thanks,
    Maggie

Attachments:
    #614034 Reply

support-swapna

Maggie,

You can ignore the warnings.
    For the older workspace, if you are still seeing errors being logged even after a -clean, then you can start with a new workspace and import the projects to get a clean workspace.

Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Error Log

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in