facebook

Error opening Welcome dialog

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dnedeljkovic
    Participant

Hi

I have a strange behavior with CubeIDE (Eclipse based). I’ve installed DevStyle and have also worked for some years with it and never had a problem.

But now it somehow got corrupted. Always when I enable the DevStyle startup screen I get the message shown in the attachments.
    When I uninstall and delete CubeIDE and then install it again (incl. DevStyle) it works for one session. After a restart of CubeIDE the error occurs and then the old CubeIDE (Eclipse) start screen show up.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards
    Dejan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #674251 Reply

Aaron Lara

Dejan, I’m sorry you are having issues with DevStyle. Can you please share the .log file located at your CubeIDE install/configuration/ directory? Other than the startup dialog, when the IDE comes up, does everything else work? (AKA, DevStyle theme is applied correctly?)

#674303 Reply

dnedeljkovic
    Participant

Hi Aaron

Yes, all is working like it should except of the startup dialog.
    The log file is attached. I had to rename it to *.txt because it didn’t let me upload a *.log file.

Regards
    Dejan

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by dnedeljkovic.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by dnedeljkovic.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #674307 Reply

support-swapna

Dejan,

The log file hasn’t come across. Please rename it to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#674313 Reply

Aaron Lara

Dejan, thanks for sharing your log file. From the looks of it, it seems like one of the workspaces previously used by CubeIDE has bad file references. Here’s something quick we can try: Remove this file CubeIDE/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs. It will make it forget all your previously used workspaces, so next time you launch you will have to manually select your workspace. Hopefully, that will make it just work. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#674333 Reply

dnedeljkovic
    Participant

Thank you very much Aaron.

I have also deleted the corrupted workspace. Now it is working like it should.

Regards
    Dejan

#674337 Reply

Aaron Lara

I’m glad to hear it worked. Have a great day!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Error opening Welcome dialog

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in