facebook

Error starting jetty server in CodeMix

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kbjorndahl
    Participant

I just upgraded my development machine to a 24 core Intel on Windows 11. This is a fresh install of Eclipse 2019-09 and the most recent CodeMix. I created a new Angular project, and tried to run it. No changes from default configuration on a fresh install.

Now, when I right click on an Angular project and select Run-As Angular Web Application, this appears in the log:
    om.genuitec.eclipse.code.server.localserver.LocalServerCoreException: Error starting Jetty server
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.server.localserver.LocalServerController.startWebSocketServers(LocalServerController.java:313)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.server.localserver.LocalServerController.getPort(LocalServerController.java:397)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.angular.cli.NGCLIIntegrationService.prepareForCLIIntegration(NGCLIIntegrationService.java:33)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.angular.AngularCorePlugin$1.run(AngularCorePlugin.java:54)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Insufficient threads: max=14 < needed(acceptors=6 + selectors=8 + request=1)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:350)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.server.localserver.LocalServerController.startWebSocketServers(LocalServerController.java:307)

I presume this means that ‘ng serve’ is trying to start Jetty, and Jetty does some magic based on the number of cores for what it wants for threads, but it looks like maybe I need to configure a new max based on the number of cores.

How can I configure the max threads so I can once again right click and Run As an Angular Web App?

Log attached.

#681193 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

Apologies for the delayed response. I believe this is an issue specific to an older version of Jetty when running on a machine with many cores. Can you check what happens if you try to launch ng directly from the command line? You can go to the folder containing your project and run ng serve and see if that results in the Angular app successfully launching? Also, what version of Angular was used in your project?

#681196 Reply

kbjorndahl
    Participant

Thanks Brian.

It does indeed launch from the command line. The issue appears inside eclipse using Angular 8 right thru 13.

How can I update from an older version of jetty? I am using the highest CodeMix supported version of Eclipse, 2020-09 with the CodeMix patch applied to support 2020-09.

Thanks,
    Keith

#681318 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

Apologies for missing your response. Upgrading Jetty is non-trivial as this is something that’s built into our plugins, with code to go alongside. With no further releases of CodeMix, this is not something we can change either.

I would recommend trying MyEclipse instead, which actually has far improved support for recent versions of Angular, and I believe will have an updated Jetty version with this fixed. You can use MyEclipse without a license for 30 days, and if you like it, we can move your existing CodeMix license over.

#681333 Reply

kbjorndahl
    Participant

Hi Brian.

I gave MyEclipse a try. Building seems to be working ok, but I can’t set breakpoints in Chrome. It just doesn’t stop at the breakpoint. That makes it hard to debug….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by kbjorndahl.
    #681337 Reply

kbjorndahl
    Participant

I’ve attached the log when I try to start debug in MyEclipse

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #681359 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

Unfortunately the log doesn’t reveal too much.

Just to level set – are you initiating the debug from the Servers view? Just to be completely sure Chrome is started correctly (in Debug mode), could you ensure you close all Chrome instances before initiating debug?

Also, you mentioned, “can’t set breakpoints in Chrome” – you need to set them in MyEclipse, in the editors, and not in Chrome (not sure if that is what you meant). Are you setting them in .ts files? We’ve specifically tested Angular debugging with recent Angular versions and it should work out of the box.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Error starting jetty server in CodeMix

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in