facebook

Error when creating Angular2 project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

moonkicho
    Participant

hello

my computer is a mac(os x el capitan) and using zsh

I am trying to create an angular2 project, but I get an error when I run the “npm install angular-cli@1.0.0-beta.22-1” command.

The error message displayed on the terminal is “/bin/zsh: no such option: rcfile”.

(There is nothing wrong with the Mac terminal.)

I’d appreciate it if you could give me a solution.

#505713 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

moonkicho,

I can replicate the problem and have filed a bug report for the development team. This should be fixed in an upcoming release.

As a workaround, you can let the wizard create the project then execute the initialization commands, seen on the second page of the new project wizard, in a terminal window outside of Webclipse/AngularIDE. Please change to the project folder within the workspace before executing the commands. After executing the commands in an external terminal window, refresh the project in Webclipse (right click on the project and select Refresh). Note that if the “ng” command can’t be found, it is the ng command in the node_modules/angular-cli/bin folder of the project, after executing the first initialization command.

Alternatively, you can change back to the bash login shell if that is possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please let us know how you get on.

#521998 Reply

Brian Bezanson
    Participant

This is still an issue in the latest release of the MyEclipse IDE.

#522139 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

I am afraid the issue is not yet fixed. Please check the workaround details in Tony’s response.
    We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533639 Reply

olihd
    Participant

I have the same problem with Terminal+ and zsh on macOS:
    /bin/zsh: no such option: rcfile
    I cannot open any terminal window – doesn’t mater which project folder.

#533734 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

olihd,

I’m afraid this is still a restriction – to fully use the functions which run in Terminal+, you will need to switch to the default shell, bash. Otherwise, you would need to run the commands that would normally be run in Terminal+ in an external terminal session, as mentioned in the workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#538457 Reply

sn1p3r46
    Participant

Same here using fish shell.

/usr/bin/fish: unrecognized option '--rcfile'

How to change the preferences to set as default bash instead of fish (i mean: just within the IDE)?

#538499 Reply

support-swapna

sn1p3r46,

I am afraid you cannot set as default bash in the IDE preferences currently. It has to be a system wide change.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#538503 Reply

support-swapna

sn1p3r46,

The dev team is looking into forcing bash for Terminal+ view in CI 9. We will keep you posted about it.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541936 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hey everyone – this issue has been fixed for the 2017 CI 9 release, that’s due in the next few days. The Terminal+ will now work no matter what you have your local shell set to.

We did put out a pre-release of CI 9 which does contain this fix, so if you would like to try it out immediately, please follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

If you do try out the pre release, do let us know if your issue was fixed, if not, we’ll hopefully be able to correct it before the final release.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Error when creating Angular2 project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in