facebook

Error when Eclipse go Up – SWTException

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

bassualdo16

This message has not been recovered.

#276954 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276964 Reply

phillroberts

#276965 Reply

phillroberts

#276967 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276969 Reply

Victor Ott

#276973 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276975 Reply

Victor Ott

#277426 Reply

livewire114

I have the same thing. Here’s my stack trace:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3563)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3481)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.JobTreeElement.compareTo(JobTreeElement.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.JobInfo.compareTo(JobInfo.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManagerUtil$1.compare(ProgressManagerUtil.java:107)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerComparator$1.compare(ViewerComparator.java:187)
    at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerComparator.sort(ViewerComparator.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.DetailedProgressViewer.add(DetailedProgressViewer.java:158)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.DetailedProgressViewer.internalRefresh(DetailedProgressViewer.java:378)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.internalRefresh(StructuredViewer.java:1226)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$8.run(StructuredViewer.java:1460)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1368)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1330)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.refresh(StructuredViewer.java:1458)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressViewerContentProvider.refresh(ProgressViewerContentProvider.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressViewUpdater$1.runInUIThread(ProgressViewUpdater.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
    … 22 more

I’m running the full stack MyEclipse 6.0, with M2 (Maven) and Subversive plugins installed. I’m going to try and install 6.0.1 and hope this goes away, but in the meantime, is there any more info that would help fix this now that I have my workspace in a state where it’s happening like crazy meaning I can reproduce it easily?

#277442 Reply

Riyad Kalla

livewire114,
    Is there a certain set of behaviors that reproduce it every time for you from a cold start? I might be able to use that to reproduce it here…

#277907 Reply

henk

#277988 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#278163 Reply

j_smitley

#278290 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#278535 Reply

Dirk

I faced the same problems in the last days. My feeling is similar, this only happens while running several tasks at the same time, and it seems to be related to the “progress” view which did not show running and waiting tasks properly. Today I imported a general eclipse configuration which is used on our project by many others, and this seems to fix the problem. I exported my configuration before, unfortunately I was not able to compare both configuration files.

If it is of interest, I can send those configuration files, if so please send a pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Error when Eclipse go Up – SWTException

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in