facebook

Errors don't disappear after resolving

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Suggestions
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Paul
    Participant

I’m having repeated issues with the validation errors not being removed when you resolve them. For example tslint.json requires no trailing whitespace and whitespace to be in specific locations (e.g. after : and before the type for parameters. See screen shot.

This happens with other errors as well such as missing ; at the end of lines.

Or if I start to type in a field (e.g. .point) then it might give an error after I’ve typed .p, but doesn’t clear when I continue for the full .point.

The only way to reliably clear the errors is to close that editor and open it again.

One other comment. Would it be possible to have some different indicator than error for tslint. Most if the time it’s whitespace issues which are fixed with auto formatting.

Now I know the settings are in a list of properties I can find settings. But that wasn’t obvious as I was expecting to use the filter on the preferences dialog to find a pretty UI preferences panel to change a setting.

For example I was just thinking it’d be nice to have the format on save like there is in the eclipse JDT. And then I went into workplace settings and found it.

I’m hoping that the more polished preferences UI is something that is in the future for the app.

Thanks,
    Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #601165 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paul,

1) We released an update yesterday, you probably already have it, but can you confirm in Preferences > CodeMix that you see CI 2018.10.24 as the version? If not, please update and try again.

2) You’re seeing stale markers for both TSLint and TypeScript language errors, and saving the file makes no difference, correct?

3) What validation settings do you have selected? Project properties > CodeMix > Validation and Build.
    Please also see our build and validation document here for additional details on validation modes: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/assembly/build-pipelines/
    I don’t believe the setting should matter for a file you are actively editing, but it will be good to have this information.

4) For a different error level for TSLint issues, you can set the tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings setting to true – but of course the tooling will also respect the validation level in your tslint.json file, where you can specify a default.

5) What sort of project is this – Angular, Node, other?

We do understand what you mean about having a “nice UI” for the preferences as opposed to modifying a value in a list – I’ll add your request and notes to our internal discussions, thank you for asking.

#601168 Reply

Paul
    Participant

Brian,

1. I updated the version yesterday.

2. Yes, one point to note. My application has code under src and 4 libraries under projects. So I’m not sure if having libraries makes a difference.

3. See screen shot, basically default when I imported an angular project

4. I tried tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings=true still displays them as errors

5. Angular using the latest versions of angular tools.

FYI I don’t have the angular-ide dependency on the project. In the past it had too many security warnings so I remove it.

One other thing. If you do a find and replace in files then the UI doesn’t update the files in the editor and you get a bunch of warnings about comparing files, but those tools don’t work.

Attachments:
    #601169 Reply

Paul
    Participant

Brian,

1. I updated the version yesterday.

2. Yes, one point to note. My application has code under src and 4 libraries under projects. So I’m not sure if having libraries makes a difference.

3. See screen shot, basically default when I imported an angular project

4. I tried tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings=true still displays them as errors

5. Angular using the latest versions of angular tools.

FYI I don’t have the angular-ide dependency on the project. In the past it had too many security warnings so I remove it.

One other thing. If you do a find and replace in files then the UI doesn’t update the files in the editor and you get a bunch of warnings about comparing files, but those tools don’t work.

Attachments:
    #601235 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paul,

Thanks for the details – we’ve been able to replicate the issue with the validation markers not disappearing, and are actively working on a fix that we should be able to deliver next week.
    Somehow the TSLint errors also in the file are interfering with the TypeScript errors – if you need an immediate workaround, disabling TSLint is one way to get the TypeScript validation to work as expected.

I re-tried the tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings setting just to be sure, and it does work for us – the severity immediately changes to warning. Do you perhaps have it set in both Workspace and in User settings?

The absence of angular-ide should not cause any problems with validation.

We were unable to reproduce the problem with Find and replace – I’m assuming you’re talking about the top level Search > File wizard? It did replace text even in files open in CodeMix editors. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood your use case, if you can provide a screenshot, that will help.

#601602 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paul,

We released an update yesterday that should have fixed your primary issue around validation markers. It should now work as expected, do let us know, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Errors don't disappear after resolving

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in