facebook

"Exclude from validation" not working at times

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

Hi,

Under MyEclipse 2017 CI 7 (I do not know if the issue happened on CI 6 since I passed from CI 5 to 7 directly), the files and folders marked with “Exclude from validation” are still validated and added to the “Problems” view, which can be painful when using libraries that are not always “up to standards”.

This inconsistent behavior happens on some projects, while under some projects the feature remains functional.

I tested a new project in a new workspace and it has the issue.

This does not seem to be related to the content of the project… I have J2EE projects that validate fine, some not. I also have PDT-based projects that display the issue while others not.

Resetting the validation exclusions and remarking files/folders does not improve the situation.

Thanks,

GR.

#532938 Reply

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

I tried with a brand new MyEclipse 2017 CI 7 installation on a brand-new workstation: same behavior.

GR.

#547601 Reply

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

Still occurring in a new MyEclipse 2017 CI 10 installation…

#547734 Reply

Brian Fernandes

GR,

I’m sorry your previous posts were ignored, we somehow missed them.

To give you some context, the “Exclude from Validation” functionality must be separately implemented for each validator, due to which if there is a bug, you might see it work for some file types, but not for others. Consequently, you should consistently see the same behavior for the same file types across projects and workspaces.

Could you tell me for which types of files you do not see the exclusion setting working?

#547735 Reply

guyrevision-ca
    Participant

Hi,

It happens sometimes with JavaScript files (*.js) or PHP files (*.php, *.inc).

It never happens with pure-Java projects.

GR.

#547743 Reply

Brian Fernandes

GR,

Since we don’t ship the PHP tooling with MyEclipse, this functionality won’t work for those files. I know this isn’t made clear in the exclude from validation property page – that’s something we can look into.
    An alternative is the validation property page, where, for each validator, you can exclude files or folders (see attached screenshot) – this is not as convenient as the exclude from validation functionality, but it should work for just about any validator.

You should not be seeing inconsistencies with the JS validator, if excluded, there shouldn’t be any validation markers in that file. I’ll get this checked internally as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: "Exclude from validation" not working at times

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in