facebook

'External Tools' option from Eclipse ribbon displays error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kunaal
    Participant

Hello All,
    I am not sure when it happens but ‘External Tools’ option from my Eclipse ribbon displays ‘RED BAG’ symbol because of which I am unable to run any program in Eclipse.
    How can I get rid of this error which is marked in circle using ‘Red’ color. Please check attached screenshot named ‘External Tool Error in Eclipse’ for the same.
    Any suggestions or help is highly appreciated.
    Looking forward to hearing from any of you as soon as possible.
    Best Regards,
    Kunal

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #654488 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Kunal,

That isn’t an error, that’s the normal icon for the external tools drop down. Can you please explain in more detail exactly what issues you encounter when you try to run external configurations? Is the drop down (the down arrow next to the icon) not clickable? If you click the icon itself, it will run the most recently run configuration, which may have some configuration issues that need to be corrected.

#654497 Reply

kunaal
    Participant

Hello Brian,
    Hope you and your family are doing good.
    Thank you so much for your response.
    Noted your reply.
    Basically, I am trying to run the code using the previous button on the ribbon which says ‘RUN’. But, when I am trying to run normal code written using Selenium with Java in Eclipse, I am unable to run that code using ‘RUN’ button from the ribbon.
    Also, the ‘RED BAG’ icon which is getting displayed currently over the ‘External Tools’ icon I haven’t seen that before.
    From today, I am seeing that icon.
    Best Regards,
    Kunal

#654503 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Kunal,

Thank you for asking – hope you and your family are safe as well.

1) About the external tool configuration button, that is the default button, if the bag is not present, it would look the same as the Run button 🙂
    You can see a screenshot of the toolbar in this article for instance: https://dzone.com/articles/hide-and-show-eclipse-toolbar

2) Were you able to run your test using the Run button earlier? Or has it never worked? Please provide details on what “unable to run” means – Does nothing happen on click? Does it run, but with an error in the console? Do you see an error dialog? You can share a screenshot as well to explain the problem.

3) Ctrl + Click Run button. This will open the Run configuration dialog. Now find the configuration you want to run and see if there are any errors reported against it.

4) Please send us your entire workspace error log. You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 'External Tools' option from Eclipse ribbon displays error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in