facebook

Failure to Start Server

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

I have an angular application which is shown under Angular CLI in the eclipse servers tab. I upgraded to Eclipse Photon today, and now when I attempt to run the application from the servers tab I see nothing in the terminal+ tab, and the application eventually fails to start. There is no error message just the status in the server tab changes from running starting to Running – building, to stopped.

Running ng serve from a console works without issue.

If I create a new tab in terminal+ I get very odd output (attached screenshot).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #592695 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot. I tried upgrading the Oxygen + Angular IDE install to Photon and could not replicate the reported problems.

Can you please share with us some more details?

1. How did you upgrade to Photon and from which previous release of Eclipse did you upgrade?
    2. Can you please switch to the Terminal view, start a new session by clicking on ‘Open a Terminal’ icon and see if the Terminal view is fine?
    3. If possible, please switch to a new workspace, create a new Angular project and check if the issue persists to rule out workspace corruption.
    4. Please also share with us your OS and version details along with the workspace log by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#592708 Reply

Brian
    Participant

I upgraded from eclipse oxygen to eclipse photon. I downloaded eclipse photon and converted the oxygen workspace to photon. There was a problem with the marketplace which I worked around by moving eclipse to a directory without spaces in the path. I also moved Git Bash when I did this. I am suspecting that this may be the root of the problem.

I see the same problem in terminal view.

The same problem exists in a new workspace.

I am on Windows 7 64bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #592715 Reply

Brian
    Participant

After re-installing Git Bash it is working fine outside of eclipse, but the problems with the eclipse terminal remain.

#592884 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

Typically the Git bash re-install fixes these sorts of issues, unfortunately that clearly did not happen here.

1) In your initial screenshot I see the odd characters across several rows – does this happen as soon as you create a new tab in the terminal? i.e. Clicking the [+] icon in the Terminal+ view?
    1.b) What happens if you attempt to type in such a terminal?

2) Can you see the the same problem persists in the Terminal view (and not the Terminal+ view) – are you able to type and execute commands there?

3) What version of Git Bash did you install? Can you think of any odd / different settings or additional components installed with it?

4) I’m assuming the problem started only after upgrading to Photon, and everything was fine in Oxygen. Did you upgrade the same Oxygen installation, or did you install a new Photon version of Eclipse? Just want to be very clear on what you meant by “upgrade”.

#592886 Reply

Brian
    Participant

Initially the console tab is blank nothing in the tab title either. If I type at all the odd characters appear through out the console tab.

I experience the same problem in the terminal view.

2.18.0 64 bit, used the defaults except for the install location.

Yes everything was fine before the upgrade to photon. I installed a new photon version of eclipse.

#592927 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Initially the console tab is blank nothing in the tab title either. If I type at all the odd characters appear through out the console tab.

Understood, thanks.

If you have the Oxygen install still around, would it be possible to check with that installation? You can start with a new workspace – I’m trying to ascertain whether the problem is Photon related (in our local tests, Photon works just fine), or something external.

#592975 Reply

Brian
    Participant

Terminal and Terminal+ views are working correctly in Eclipse Oxygen.

#592978 Reply

Brian
    Participant

After trying out Eclipse Oxygen I re-downloaded a fresh copy of Eclipse Photon and installed it. I started it first in a new workspace and the terminal view worked. I then switched to the existing workspace and terminal still worked. I then installed Angular IDE and everything is now working.

The only difference this time was that I did not change the install directory after the initial install.

#593085 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us. We tried changing the install directories at our end but could not replicate the problem with Terminal and Terminal+ views.

If possible, can you please share with us more details about how you changed the install directories, along with the directory path details? Also let us know if you have installed Photon using the installer or the zip file.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#593096 Reply

Brian
    Participant

I originally had Eclipse Oxygen and Git Bash along with several other applications installed to C:\User Programs. I downloaded the Eclipse Photon zip and extracted it into C:\User Programs. It started up fine using my existing Oxygen workspace in my home directory C:\Users\Brian\eclipse-workspace converting it to a Photon workspace.

When I tried to install the Angular IDE plugin I discovered that the Eclipse Marketplace was not working. I discovered that this was caused by spaces in the install path of C:\User Programs\ so I renamed the directory to C:\user_programs. This required me to update my PATH and several other environment variables, but the Eclipse Marketplace worked afterward.

I then installed Angular IDE and discovered the problem with the terminal.

#593105 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Thank you for the details. We will look into it.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Failure to Start Server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in