facebook

Focus problem with dark themes in git staging view

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hansi.b
    Participant

Hi there,

First of all: Thanks for these great themes! They really make working with Eclipse much more fun.

With that being said, I have a strange focus issue in the git staging view.

Expected behaviour:

When I have multiple changed files open in the git staging view, double-clicking on any one of them will normally switch the comparison view to show changes for that file. Example with attached screenshots from a light theme (where it works correctly):

1. (1_second_txt_selectected) I have previously double-clicked “second.txt”, and its comparison is open. Note that the focus is on the comparison window.
    2. (2_double_click) When I double-click “doc.txt” in the file list, the comparison view switches to show the comparison for “doc.txt”.

The problem is that in a dark theme, step 2 does not work:

1. (no screenshot, same as step 1 above) I have previously double-clicked “second.txt”, and its comparison is open. The focus is on the comparison window.
    2. (2b_double_click_not_ok) When I double-click “doc.txt”, “second.txt” stays selected in the staging file list, and the comparison for it re-opens.

So I first have to issue an extra single click in the staging file list in order to get the double click to correctly select and open the double-clicked file. (While in the light theme, the double click implicitly first focusses the file list.) Unfortunately, that makes it rather cumbersome to work with the git staging view when I have multiple changed files open and want to go through them.

It seems like the problem occurs in (all?) dark themes (I tried red, green, blue), but not in the light ones. It also does not occur in the “native” Eclipse dark theme.

IIRC, I have first encountered this with Eclipse 2022-06; currently, I am seeing it in the “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” version 2022-09 (4.25.0), Build id: 20220908-1902, on Linux Mint.

The only thing I found online that sounded vaguely related is a rather old – but recently re-opened – bug in the Eclipse bug tracker: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=473093

Please let me know if you need any additional information, or if there is anything I can try out.

Cheers
    Hans

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #683874 Reply

support-swapna

Hansi,

Thank you for your continued love for DevStyle. Sorry about the focus issues. Looks like the problem is specific to Linux. Appreciate the detailed steps and the screenshots to help us replicate the issue at our end. I have filed a bug report for the dev team. We will keep you posted about its progress.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Focus problem with dark themes in git staging view

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in