facebook

Hardware requirements

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Leonel

Hi all,

I need a MyEclipse hardware requirements document that contains some considerations (oficial notes) about optimal memory RAM, processor, etc..

Any can help me please?

Thanks in advance !!! 🙂
    Leonel

#263396 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Leonel,
    We don’t have a document to this effect at this moment, but the system requirements are identical to Eclipse’s system requirements with the only addition being more ram (as MyEclipse is a product that sits ontop of Eclipse).

#264929 Reply

morsedl

The system requirements, as of Jan. 22, 2007, seem to be available at:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-14.html

For completeness, I’ve copied and pasted them below:

System Requirements:

Space Requirements: 315 MB available hard disk space
    Memory Requirement: Minimum of 256 MB for Eclipse 2.x and 512 for Eclipse 3.x – Recommended 1GB of memory for best performance
    Optimized command line for launching Eclipse: eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XXPermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M.

Must have Full JDK 1.4.1 for Eclipse 2.x, 1.4.2_5 for Eclipse 3.1.x, and 1.4.2_5+ or 1.5.0_5+ for Eclipse 3.2

I did NOT include the platform information, but you’re pretty safe if you’re on WinXP, Linux, or Mac OS/X. See the URL I provided for full information.

Cheers,
    Doug

#264932 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you Doug, exactly right.

#294167 Reply

Marc

@morsedl wrote:

The system requirements, as of Jan. 22, 2007, seem to be available at:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-14.html

These requirements are over 2 years old now. Are there updates recommended system requirements for MyEclipse? This is one of the few products I’ve seen that doesn’t list system requirements on the download page… or some other easily accessible location. This is very important from an enterprise perspective, when multiple developers need to ensure their systems meet the minimum requirements.

#294195 Reply

Ton Huisman

Well, with 315 MB Harddisk space you are not going to cut it, my installation counts nearly 1 GB on disk, and the installer is about 650 MB, so you will have a hard time downloading and installing that.
    And you might need some diskspace to store your workspaces & projects, I presume?

HTH
    Ton

#294238 Reply

Riyad Kalla

MWThomson, the system requirements have never really been narrowed down exactly because they can be so variable depending on what you are doing. If you are just doing Java development, then they are the same as Eclipse, if you are doing visual web development, UML and Matisse, then memory arguments are probably 50% more and CPU requirements would be higher as well.

I’d say a fair middle ground would be a Core Duo or Core 2 Duo CPU (or equivalent) which has been Intel’s line for the last 5 years or so, then 2GB of ram, 2GB of disk space… about that ballpark.

#297788 Reply

tzundel

Hello MyEclipse,

My Employer is looking for an “official” list of MyEclipse System requirements. I understand that they may vary based on which features you are using, etc. My employer doesn’t care about that, we just want an ‘official’ list of hardware requirements.

Could you guys maybe capture what the above post above from Riyad says, (Perhaps put that as a “recommended minimum, non-web development install”, or something similar), and put a list with 50% more (again, as specified in the post above), as a “recommended minimum web-development install”).

I need this list for Windows, I imagine that others would need it for Mac and Linux.

Thanks,

Tory

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Hardware requirements

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in