facebook

Hover popups de not disappear

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

pcolag
    Participant

I am using the latest version of Codemix with Angular on Centos8. I am finding that in some cases the context help overlays do not disappear and stay displayed. Scrolling the content of the window does not get rid of them, as their location seems to be permanently fixed.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

#668032 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with hover popups. We already have a request filed for the dev team for resize and dragging of hover popup.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. Are you working with a standalone Angular IDE installation or Eclipse + CodeMix? If its with Eclipse, then please share the Eclipse version details from Help > About Eclipse dialog.

2. Any other third party plugins installed? Do you have STS (Spring Tool Suite) installed?

3. Do you see the issue only in CodeMix editors? Does it work fine with other non CodeMix editors?

4. What is the status of the CodeMix engine when the popup does not disappear? You can check it by hovering over the icon besides CodeMix in the bottom left.

5. Does it happen in a new workspace as well? If yes, then please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here).

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#668048 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

Here is the additional information that you requested:

1. I am working with a standalone Angular IDE installation which I downloaded from the genuitec web site

2. I don’t have STS plugin installed.

3. Can you please help me to know how I can identify which editors are Codemix and which are not? It is happening when I am editing typescript code for Angular. So I imagine this is a Codemix editor.

4. What is the status of the CodeMix engine when the popup does not disappear? The status is displaying the checkmark.

5. I have reinstalled my machine from Scratch and am running CentOS 8 in a VmWare VM. The workspace is new.

Thanks for your help.

#668049 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

Here is the additional information that you requested:

1. I am working with a standalone Angular IDE installation which I downloaded from the genuitec web site

2. I don’t have STS plugin installed.

3. Can you please help me to know how I can identify which editors are Codemix and which are not? It is happening when I am editing typescript code for Angular. So I imagine this is a Codemix editor.

4. What is the status of the CodeMix engine when the popup does not disappear? The status is displaying the checkmark.

5. I have reinstalled my machine from Scratch and am running CentOS 8 in a VmWare VM. The workspace is new.

Thanks for your help.

#668072 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

I am adding a screenshot which shows the problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #668075 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details and the screenshot. We are looking into the problem.
    You can verify the editor by right clicking on the file in the Explorer view, select Open with and ensure the CodeMix editor is selected. From the screenshot, you are working with a CodeMix editor for TypeScript files.

1. Do you see the same problem in other file types such as HTML/JS as well?
    2. Can you please close the file from the editor view, reload CodeMix engine from Command Palette (Ctrl+Shift+P and type Reload CodeMix Engine), once the engine status is connected, reopen the file and check if issue persists.
    3. Please also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here)

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#668083 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Hello. Thank you for your continued help and support. As requested, I am attaching the log file from .metadata/.log

Attachments:
    #668085 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

So far I have seen this behavior only with typescript files. I will keep an eye out to see if it also occurs with other types of files.

#668090 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Here is another screenshot of the same behaivor. Sometimes I get 3-4 of these accumulating and covering up the code in my editor. There seems to be no way to make them disappear other than to restart Eclipse.

Attachments:
    #668172 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Here is a screenshot better than the ones that I have previously submitted.

Attachments:
    #668174 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Also, when I click on installation details I get a window which is very narrow. I cannot resize this window and can dismiss it only via escape.

Attachments:
    #668176 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

Here is another one which shows how these popups pile up on top of each other and never disappear.

#668178 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshots. I have filed it for further investigation with the dev team.
    Do you also have Eclipse installed in this machine? If yes, then can you please check if you see the same problem with the dialogs in Eclipse as well?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#668179 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

The Codemix editor is unusable with this problem. I keep getting a clutter of these popup windows and have to restart Eclipse every few minutes. Could you please let me know how to temporarily turn off the extension?

Attachments:
    #668181 Reply

pcolag
    Participant

One more screenshot to show you how crowded things can get.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Hover popups de not disappear

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in