facebook

I am looking for what support is available in MyEclipse4CSS

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pdohara

I wish to use a CSS file (external to the JSP) with my JSPs for development. I am disappointed that this is not the default approach in MyEclipse. Moreover I am disappointed that there is no CSS editing support. Am I missing something?

It would be nice to have a CSS editor that had a preview pane (like the HTML and JSP editors do). In the preview pain would be the Name of the style with the style applied for each style defined in the CSS file.

Just a thought.

Pat O

#223280 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am disappointed that this is not the default approach in MyEclipse.

I don’t understand what you mean by this… “Default approach”? All of our new file templates reference external CSS files that can be uncommented and created by the user…

Moreover I am disappointed that there is no CSS editing support. Am I missing something?

The CSS editor in MyEclipse supports syntax highlighting, autocomplete, validation/error marking and file formatting. Please make sure you are opening your CSS files with the “MyEclipse CSS Editor” by right clicking on your file > Open With > “MyEclipse CSS Editor”.

It would be nice to have a CSS editor that had a preview pane (like the HTML and JSP editors do). In the preview pain would be the Name of the style with the style applied for each style defined in the CSS file.

That is a cool idea, I’ll file that as an enhancement, thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: I am looking for what support is available in MyEclipse4CSS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in