facebook

I use eclipse Oxygen.2 or Oxygen.3, When I choose Help->CodeMix->Update License.

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

zlbwonder
    Participant

I use eclipse Oxygen.2 or Oxygen.3, When I choose Help->CodeMix->Update License… or Help->CodeMix Extensions , does not appear anything like modal for long time. So I can not use codemix plugin, could you tell me why.

#579887 Reply

support-swapna

Zlbwonder,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem with CodeMix.

1. Can you please clarify if the dialog for Update License or Extension Manager finally opens after a long time? Does it help if you increase the -Xmx value in the eclipse.ini file located in the Eclipse installation directory?

2. Do you see any errors logged in the Error Log view? Please share with us the complete log file by clicking on Export Log icon in the Error Log view to help us check for any errors/exceptions logged.

3. Please start Eclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists. If you are still seeing the issue, then please also share with us your OS and version details for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#579915 Reply

zlbwonder
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    I follow your step, increase the -Xmx value to 2048 and start Eclipse with -clean command args, but the issue persists, I have export the log at the attachments, when I click Help->CodeMix->Update License…, the log show at the end of the text like “!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception”
    My running enviroment is WIN7 and eclipse oxygen 3a 64bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #579933 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for providing that log, it was very helpful. We believe we know what the problem is and are investigating it right now.

In the meanwhile, can you go to Help > About, click the Installation Details button and then the Configuration tab? It might take a minute to populate this tab with the data, but could you attach that output here? If attaching the entire file is a problem, please give us the value of the file.encoding property.

Thanks!

#579940 Reply

zlbwonder
    Participant

Thank you for telling me where the problem is, I have attached the entire file, in this file the file.encoding=GBK, Could you tell me how to change it to utf8 , may be this encoding is used normallyu or you will fix this issue.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #579975 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Changing the encoding is possible, but this action could have side-effects. If you can hold on for a few days, we’ll be releasing an update on Monday with a fix for this problem.

Thank you for the report and your patience.

#580043 Reply

zlbwonder
    Participant

ok, thank you for your work.

#580928 Reply

Brian Fernandes

If you pick up the latest update (released today) you should find this issue fixed. Do let us know if it works for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: I use eclipse Oxygen.2 or Oxygen.3, When I choose Help->CodeMix->Update License.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in