facebook

incorrect icon backing color in eclipse explorer

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

billbabcock
    Participant

Similar to this issue in some respects, I use a current (according to the marketplace) devstyle with the Light Gray (Fresh Light) workbench theme, Eclipse Standard editor themes and Pastels for icon colors.

No matter what I change, the background of icons is black. I have one workspace, but use the workspaces selector on startup and it makes no difference (I read that the other issue was related to that).

When the explorer loads, at first the icons have the expected white backing color, then then they switch to black.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #620247 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please share with us some more details for further investigation?

1. Are the icon background colors fine with Dark themes?
    2. Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists?
    3. The workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here). If you are seeing the problem in a new workspace, then send us the log file from the new workspace, else send us the one from the previous workspace.
    4. Your OS and version details. Also OS theme details if any set.
    5. Eclipse Version details from Help > About Eclipse section

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#620267 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

Changing to a Dark these leaves empty folders with a total white background in the explorer although files and populated folders are backlit correctly.

Creating a new workspace and downloading a branch from git shows the backlighting I expect. So it’s specific to the workspace I have.

OSX 10.14.6

Eclipse:
    Version: 2019-06 (4.12.0)
    Build id: 20190614-1200

OS Theme: Light – no mods.

More details – I copied this workspace over from an older Mac when I upgraded to this new one. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Log file attached. I checked the file – not a lot there. I have to restore the password all the time in order to access our git repos – you see a lot of errors about that.

Attachments:
    #620269 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

I also tried the same plugin from the other issue – no change.

#620510 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Thank you for the details and the log file. The log does not have any errors related to darkest dark theme.

Can you please share with us the preferences file from the troubled workspace located in this path: workspace dir\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings to help us investigate further?

Since the new workspace is fine, you can try importing your projects to the new workspace and continue working.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#620537 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

No apologies needed – I appreciate the help.
    I’ll probably try the import to the new space – that occurred to me.
    As for the prefs file – which one? there’s about 167 files in that directory, 14 of which are genuitec ones.

#620547 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

Interesting – as soon as I imported a project into the new workspace, it demonstrated the same issue.
    So checking out a project fresh from git didn’t have the problem, but importing did.

#620549 Reply

Aaron Lara

Bill,

Can you see if changing any of the git background colors make any difference? To do so go to Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts. see the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    #620599 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

none of the backgrounds are set to black – only the uncommitted change. I changed that: no difference.
    let me know about the prefs file(s) you folks want.

#620603 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for confirming that. It would be useful if you can send a zip of the whole .settings folder Swapna mentioned.

#620656 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

I played around a bit more with the fonts settings and when I change the git uncommitted background (default is white) to say red, it shows read in the explorer for the path to the file (directories get background red, as does the file) but in the git staging view, it doesn’t change the black background of that icon. So I was wrong about that not changing anything.

#627256 Reply

billbabcock
    Participant

Any follow up on this?

#627257 Reply

Aaron Lara

Bill, sorry for the lack of response. I still think it can be something environmental or specific to your project. So if you can share the .settings directory we asked earlier it would be helpful. Also, can you share a project we can reproduce this project with? Maybe edit this one to the most basic form that still exposes the issue then share a zip?

Another quick question would be, what happens if you switch from DevStyle to Eclipse Light theme in General > Appearance, does the issue persist? If it does it might not be related to DevStyle.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: incorrect icon backing color in eclipse explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in