facebook

Invalid workspace path setting

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fmottard
    Participant

My eclipse error log is full of errors indicating a missing recent.json.
    The correct location of the file is:

/Users/me/Documents/workspaces/my-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.devstyle/recent.json.

The plugin looks in

/Users/me/Documents/my-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.devstyle/recent.json.

I don’t find where I can change the path of the workspace.

The most annoying problem is with the git staging. Everytime I add a file to a commit or to .gitignore, the focus change to the error log.

Full details :

eclipse.buildId=4.6.3.M20170301-0400
    java.version=1.8.0_144
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

com.genuitec.eclipse.startup
    Error
    Fri Nov 17 12:10:00 CST 2017
    /Users/me/Documents/my-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.devstyle/recent.json

java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/me/Documents/my-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.devstyle/recent.json
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86)
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214)
    at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:434)
    at java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:216)
    at java.nio.file.Files.write(Files.java:3292)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.model.WorkspaceDataProvider.saveWorkspaceData(WorkspaceDataProvider.java:158)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.model.WorkspaceDataProvider.putData(WorkspaceDataProvider.java:150)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.workspace.WorkspaceTracker.checkDataLoaded(WorkspaceTracker.java:301)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.workspace.WorkspaceTracker.doSaveResults(WorkspaceTracker.java:326)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.startup.workspace.WorkspaceTracker$SaveJob.run(WorkspaceTracker.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

This topic was linked to an Issue on November 17, 2017 at 7:52 pm
    #543112 Reply

Aaron Lara

@fmottard, Sorry you are running into this issue. We are going to investigate it and keep you posted. In the meaning time could you give a try to our pre-released version of CI9 which contains lots of fixes and improvements for the Startup Experience? Hopefully the issue was already fixed. Just follow the instruction here.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#543118 Reply

fmottard
    Participant

In the link that explain how to upgrade, it is clearly mention to upgrade only if you have blocking issue. My issue is a little annoying, not really blocking.

Do you still suggest that I upgrade?

Regards
    Francois

#543119 Reply

Aaron Lara

Yes, it would be useful to know if this issue was fixed along with other improvements we made.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Invalid workspace path setting

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in