facebook

Issue running EJBDeploy in MyEclipse 2016 – WAS Server 8.5.5.10 – EJB 2.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

When running EJBDeploy in MEB 2016 we get the error pictured in the zip file. We have tried changing between various runtimes and SDKs to try and correct what looks like a version mismatch. This error happens for any project that needs to be deployed using EJBDeploy. This error occurs when running WAS 8.5.5.10 and 8.5.5.11. It always happens when the deploy reaches the Remote Code Generation step.

Attached are two logs. One from \.metadata and other is from \.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.ejbdeploy\was85\workspace\.metadata. A screenshot of the error prompt. My MEB 2016 ini file. A screenshot of my local WAS version.

#523377 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with EJBDeploy. The attachments are missing from your post.
    Please attach them again.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#523797 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Attachments included

#524125 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Is there any further support documentation you need?

#524129 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

The attachments are missing from your previous response as well.
    It looks like you are trying to attach unsupported extensions of files or attaching large files i.e larger than 512 KB.

Can you please zip the files and attach as .zip ? Also forward the files to swapna@genuitec.com with a reference to this post.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#524265 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Did you receive the attachment via email yesterday?

#524273 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Thank you for the files. From the errors, it looks like there is a mismatch between the project’s JDK version and the IBM WAS JRE version.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. What is the Java Compiler compliance level for your project? Right click on the project > Properties > Java Compiler: ‘Compiler compliance level’. Also check the Java Facet version for the project. Properties > MyEclipse > Project Facets.

2.If your project is compiled with Java 7 then by default WebSphere 8.5.5 comes with Java 6. You will need to download IBM Java 7, install it and switch JDK used by your server to Java 7. Can you please recheck if your WAS is running with the correct JDK?

3. If the above suggestions do not help, then do you remember changing a package name or modifying any source folders for the project?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#525048 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Response from user:

It looks like there is a mismatch between the project’s JDK version and the IBM WAS JRE version.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. What is the Java Compiler compliance level for your project? Right click on the project > Properties > Java Compiler: ‘Compiler compliance level’. Also check the Java Facet version for the project. Properties > MyEclipse > Project Facets.
    Varies for the projects. My current project is set to 1.6 in the compiler and facet.

2.If your project is compiled with Java 7 then by default WebSphere 8.5.5 comes with Java 6. You will need to download IBM Java 7, install it and switch JDK used by your server to Java 7. Can you please recheck if your WAS is running with the correct JDK?
    I have 7 installed and set. I supplied a screenshot of the version of my WAS server.

3. If the above suggestions do not help, then do you remember changing a package name or modifying any source folders for the project?
    I have no changed any package names or source folders.

Someone else having the issue has done a complete uninstall and reinstall of MyEclipse and WAS. It didn’t fix the issue. He did notice that MyEclipse seems to be ignoring the default JRE/JDK and automatically switching it.

#525186 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Any updates based on response from user?

#525198 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Apologies for the delayed response.

The EJBDeploy runs with the JDK that is configured with WAS but unfortunately it does not detect automatically other JDKs apart from the base one which is JDK 1.6 for WAS 8.5.5.

To workaround the problem, please create a new JRE (Preferences > Java > Installed JREs) pointing to JDK 1.7 that is installed to WAS 8.5.5 and make sure it is selected in the Preferences > Installed JREs. Next configure the WAS 8.5.5 server that is used to run the EJBDeploy with the newly created JRE. Double click on the WAS 8.5.5 in the Servers view to open the Overview page. Click ‘Runtime Environment’ and then change the configured JDK to the one selected in the Installed JREs page.

Run the EJBDeploy and check if it fixes the issue. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#525222 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Sending screenshots of results from user using your latest recommendations.

#525248 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

The screenshots are missing from your response.
    Can you please also email them to swapna@genuitec.com?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#525381 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

Thank you for the screenshots. I have filed the issue for investigation with the dev team.
    Can you please check if running MyEclipse as administrator helps fix the EJBDeploy problem? Right click on the myeclipse executable > Run as administrator.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#526000 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Any updates from development team. Also our application developers dont have admin rights to their PCs

#526119 Reply

support-swapna

Gregory,

Apologies for the delay. The dev team was busy with the CI 6 release. They are currently looking into the issue you reported and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Issue running EJBDeploy in MyEclipse 2016 – WAS Server 8.5.5.10 – EJB 2.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in