facebook

Issue running EJBDeploy in MyEclipse 2016 – WAS Server 8.5.5.10 – EJB 2.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

support-piotr
    Participant

gjt3,

I have identified the problem and fixed it. The fix will be available in the next release of MyEclipse 2017 – CI 7. You have mentioned that you are using MEB 2016. Is migrating to MEB 2017 an option? We are not planning any more releases of MEB 2016. However, we can figure out something, if you are not able to switch.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#526322 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

We are right in the middle of migrating groups over to 2016. Dont believe we will be switching to 2017 soon. For the current EJB issues:
    1. What was identified as the problem
    2. What in the way of a fix can be done for our situation

#526346 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Based on my recent comments, can we schedule a meeting to discuss since we are in critical migration stage.

#526411 Reply

Brian Fernandes

To answer your questions specifically:

1) The problem is caused by the fact that our code does not correctly set up the environment in which IBM’s RMICOperation executes – leading it to use the wrong JDK in some circumstances; this is what is happening in your case.

2) The code that must be corrected resides in a single plugin, which we must update for your IDE to work correctly. Basically, we can supply an update site containing the fixed plugin, which you will need to use to apply the fix (we will provide detailed steps).

Could you tell us how many users will be affected by this problem, and need the fix? If you do use MyEclipse Secure / Secure Delivery Center to distribute MyEclipse, we could provide a different set of steps that should make the process of applying the fix much more straightforward for each end user.

My recommendations going forward would be:
    a) We supply an update site with instructions to allow a single user to apply the fix and verify that it does work for your specific case.
    b) Based on your distribution mechanism, we can schedule a call to discuss and help with efficient rollout of the fix.

Do let us know if this works for you.

#526516 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Context of email reply:

Brian Fernandes wrote:

To answer your questions specifically:

1) The problem is caused by the fact that our code does not correctly set up the environment in which IBM’s RMICOperation executes – leading it to use the wrong JDK in some circumstances; this is what is happening in your case.

2) The code that must be corrected resides in a single plugin, which we must update for your IDE to work correctly. Basically, we can supply an update site containing the fixed plugin, which you will need to use to apply the fix (we will provide detailed steps).

Could you tell us how many users will be affected by this problem, and need the fix? If you do use MyEclipse Secure / Secure Delivery Center to distribute MyEclipse, we could provide a different set of steps that should make the process of applying the fix much more straightforward for each end user.

My recommendations going forward would be:
    a) We supply an update site with instructions to allow a single user to apply the fix and verify that it does work for your specific case.
    b) Based on your distribution mechanism, we can schedule a call to discuss and help with efficient rollout of the fix.

After discussing this internally, we agree the plugin fix is best option. Please advise timelines -anticipating receipt by Friday 6/16. If a meeting is required to discuss, please call me.

#526524 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gregory,

I’m assuming you are delivering MyEclipse with Secure delivery center (SDC)? And, can you confirm that your teams are using the 2016 Stable 1.0 version? This would affect how we deliver the fix.

#526530 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

From last email:

I’m assuming you are delivering MyEclipse with Secure delivery center (SDC)? And, can you confirm that your teams are using the 2016 Stable 1.0 version? This would affect how we deliver the fix.

1. We are using 2016 Stable 1
    2. We use SDC
    3. Number of users. Currently I have 3 internal developers who are having the EJB issue. There could another 1-100+

#526723 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Looking for target release date on plug-in

#526786 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gregory,

The fix has passed one round of testing – we’ll be doing some additional testing tomorrow. We should be able to deliver the fix on either 6/15 or 6/16.

#526992 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gregory,

I sent you an email yesterday with the fix as well as notes on how to apply it. Can you please confirm that you received it?

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Issue running EJBDeploy in MyEclipse 2016 – WAS Server 8.5.5.10 – EJB 2.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in