facebook

Issue with Darkest Dark theme and MCUXpresso 10.2.0/10.3.1

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

lmatt
    Participant

I found an issue using Darkest Dark DevStyle theme on NXP MCUXpresso, both with latest version 10.3.1 and even on a more conservative 10.2.0 one.
    I wasn’t the first to experience it, and it’s described on a thread for NXP community here
    Initially I thought it was an MCUXpresso issue, as I installed the latest version, so I stepped back to an older release. The problem didn’t arise, as long as I didn’t install DevStyle, then it returned again the same — here’s why I connected it to DevStyle.

Thanks for your nice work,
    Luca

• This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by lmatt.
    #612068 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Imatt, I’m sorry you are having this issue. I will create a report so we can investigate. We will try to replicate using the instructions provided in the link on “How to create a new LPC project using LPCOpen and MCUXpresso IDE”. Please let us know if we need anything else to setup. Take in count that we do not have experience with MCUXpresso so we will try to do this from scratch.

Also, as sanity check, can you confirm this issue doesn’t happen if you switch to regular Eclipse Dark theme?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#612075 Reply

lmatt
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    thanks for the quick reply. Hoping not to flood here, I’m attaching the few steps (archived successive images) to follow after installing MCUXpresso, to come to the issue.
    The MCUXpresso install is the longest process, and to install DevStyle on it I followed the guide on this link; after that everything should be quite straightforward, without even knowing details on the NXP products, just choosing to create a “New Project…” — note: the final project will be working anyway, after dismissing the error dialog, but I’m sure you won’t need to do anything else with it, as you’re just debugging the UI

Thanks,
    Luca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612077 Reply

lmatt
    Participant

Oops… not to forget again: I tested disabling DevStyle and using Eclipse Dark theme (as also the default one in the NXP distribution), in that case I have no error messages.

Luca

#612078 Reply

Aaron Lara

Luca, thanks for the details! Please give us a couple of days to start investigating this issue as we are currently in the process of releasing a update for one of our other products (CodeMix) … You know how this is :).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#612388 Reply

Aaron Lara

Luca, Great news! We have a fix for this issue and it will be available in our next release. It would be helpful if you are available to give the fix a try by adding a patch to your installation. To do so follow the instructions:

0. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file
    1. Close MCUXpresso IDE
    2. Paste the extracted .jar file into `MCUXPresso_Install_Dir/ide/plugins and make sure you override the existing one (if override is not offered, most likely DevStyle is not up to date, and the patch won’t work).
    3. Start MCUXPresso IDE and verify the issue is solved.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612781 Reply

lmatt
    Participant

Great Aaron!
    I just tested it to be working fine 😀

Thanks again,
    Luca

#612782 Reply

Aaron Lara

That’s awesome! Thank you for reporting it.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Issue with Darkest Dark theme and MCUXpresso 10.2.0/10.3.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in