facebook

Issues with PhoneGap tooling in 2015 CI

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Brandon,

Sorry for the delayed response here. A couple of updates for you:

1) 2015 CI 2 has been released and if you update, you should no longer need to run a build before launching the Sim. It will refresh automatically to pick up most changes.

2) We have been able to replicate your issue with installing the app onto the device locally and are working on it a top priority. Hopefully we’ll be able to get to the bottom of it soon and have a fix in our next release. Sorry for the inconvenience caused here and thank you for reporting the problem.

#350483 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

@Support-Brian wrote:

1) 2015 CI 2 has been released and if you update, you should no longer need to run a build before launching the Sim. It will refresh automatically to pick up most changes.

Thank you, that works fine. But when you click the Preview button again, you have to – again – “Select the platform to launch the app”, which is annoying. There should be either a way to remember the previous selection (e. g. Android) or to skip that selection altogether. Btw, the selection should be a radio button instead of a checkbox, since you can select only one or the other.

#350525 Reply

Brandon

Thanks for the update. Regarding point two above, is there a workaround to get past this issue?

Please keep me posted on a fix.

#350588 Reply

Hi Brandon,

can you please ensure if “iPhone Developer” Code signing identity is configured in XCode/KeyChain acess in Mac ? To build device binaries this code sign identity is mandatory. Could you please check for this on your Mac ?

Regards,
    Swapna R

#350634 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brandon,

Just to clarify further, with the local build, some XCode configuration is required. This was not required when we were building remotely because this step was happening at our end.

See the Requesting Signing Identities section in this document for more details: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/MaintainingCertificates/MaintainingCertificates.html

We are currently testing changes that would make this work regardless of the iPhone Developer identity, but that fix will be in CI 3. This should be a good workaround until then. Do let us know if it works for you.

#351162 Reply

Brandon

A quick update from my side:

I am using CI 4

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.7.0_45
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/Brandon/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/Brandon/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

with the following results:

When following the link you provided in the previous post and completing those steps, exporting the certificate and private key to a p12 file, myEclipse fails at what seems to be the signing step with this exception:

java.io.IOException: exception decrypting data – java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size
    at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKPKCS12KeyStore.cryptData(Unknown Source)
    at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKPKCS12KeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1214)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.signing.ApplicationSigner.extractAliasesFromP12(ApplicationSigner.java:251)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.signing.ApplicationSigner.signApplication(ApplicationSigner.java:138)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.build.PhonegapLocalBuildJob.run(PhonegapLocalBuildJob.java:200)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Luckily, I am able to build and install using the remote build.

Now, if I follow the instructions described here “http://127.0.0.1:53267/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.doc%2Fhtml%2Ftutorials%2Fios_digital_signature%2Findex.html” myEclipse gets through the building and signing steps seemingly without exception, however the app will not install on my phone.

Hope this helps

#351179 Reply

Hi Brandon,

Only the app built in CI4 is not able to install or even with older version you faced the same issue ?
    Does the remotely built app is getting installed on the device ?

Coming to the keystore exception, i could get a clean build using keystore profile. Will try with a new certificate and see if it can be reproducable.

Regards,
    Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#351240 Reply

Brandon

Hi Swapna,

The same behavior described in my previous post was experienced in earlier versions of 2015 (CI 1 & 2). Though I was not able to build using the remote build system with these earlier versions.

With CI 4, yes, I am able to build remotely and install the app on the device.

#351276 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brandon,

Certainly disappointing to hear that the local builds still aren’t resulting in an application that can be installed on your phone. In our testing, they are working just fine.

1) Are you trying PG 3.5 or 3.3?

2) With CI 4, can you try creating a new project (just use any of the predefined templates), build that locally and check if that project can be installed on your device?

#351657 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brandon,

On further investigation, we found something wrong with the way the binaries were being signed (something else wrong, I should say). This issue has been fixed and verified in CI 5, please let us know if it now works for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Issues with PhoneGap tooling in 2015 CI

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in