facebook

Java source error not marked with red block on right

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When a java source line is in error a red X box appears in the left margin next to the line number. The phrase in error is underlined. No red box appears on the right which is what I am use to seeing in Eclipse. How can I get myEclipse to put in the red box. Yellow boxes don’t show up either.

Thank you.

#323034 Reply

support-swapna

Zscipio ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end.

Can you answer some more questions for us ?

1) Can you share the Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID ?

2) Can you please attach a screenshot of the issue to help us get a visual ? Here is an FAQ on how to upload attachments to forums :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-upload-attachments-on-forum/

#323075 Reply

The Build ID is in the 3rd attachment is Build-ID.

The second attachment is where the D in attachment was lower-cased. The red box is near the bottom of the right column but the red box is not next to the line with the D changed.

The first attachment is next to where the red box is but there is no error on a line.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #323082 Reply

support-swapna

Zscipio ,

Thank you for the details.

If the java file is relatively large , you will not see the red box on the right aligned to the line of the error. If you click on it, it will take you to the error. This is how it works with Eclipse 3.7 , which is the base version for MyEclipse 10.

Attached is the screenshot taken from Eclipse 3.7 for your reference.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Java source error not marked with red block on right

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in