facebook

Javadoc could not be found issue

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ssquire

I have used the JSF Tutorial to build a project of my own. When i added the imports to support the pasted code for the loginUser Method I got the following error message:

javax.faces.context.FacesContext

Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and hence no Javadoc could be found.

This same error occurs for the FacesMessage class.

I have attached my Build information and a screen shot. I have seen several of the other posts for this but they seem a bit confusing and I am still not an expert MyEclipse IDE user.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #319717 Reply

support-swapna

ssquire ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1) What JavaEE libraries are you using ?

2) We could replicate the issue with JavaEE 6 libraries on 9.1 release and you can see the fix in MyEclipse 10 release.

3) As a workaround, you can attach the Javadoc to the jsf jars under the JavaEE libraries and give the URL for this particular API. Right click on the jsf jar > properties > Javadoc location.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference along with the URL for this API.

API javadocs are available via URLs linked here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/documentation/apis-139520.html

Let us know how this works for you.

Attachments:
    #319732 Reply

ssquire

Swapna,
    I did exactly as you said (see my attachments), and I still get the same error. As far as I can tell, they’re set the same way as the Java 6 jar files are. This is really frustrating. I felt like I had finally began to cruise too 🙂

Attachments:
    #319735 Reply

ssquire

Swapna,
    Is there a way to change my project from a Java EE 5.0 to Java EE 6.0 project?

#319780 Reply

support-swapna

ssquire ,

Apologize for the delay. Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1) Were you able to see the Java Doc displayed when you hover over the import javax.faces.context.FacesContext statement after using the workaround ?

2) From the screenshot it looks like an error in the project. If this is a separate error, please post it on a separate thread.

3) Here are the steps to convert a Java EE 5 project to Java EE 6 :

a. For the Java EE 5 project, right click on the project and go to properties window.
    b. Reset the Java Compiler level to 1.6
    c. This will prompt to rebuild project. Click on [Yes]
    d. Go to Java Build Path. Remove Java EE 5 Libraries
    e. Click [Add Library]> MyEclipse Library and select Java EE 6 Libraries and click on [Finish] and [OK]
    f. Refresh Project
    g. Right click on the project and click on MyEclipse > Open in Explorer.
    h. Edit mymetadata file and change j2ee-spec to “6.0” save and close this file.
    i. Next right click on the project and click on [close project]
    j. Next right click on the project and click on [open project]

Let us know if you have any other issues.

#319784 Reply

ssquire

1) Were you able to see the Java Doc displayed when you hover over the import javax.faces.context.FacesContext statement after using the workaround ?

No, after I performed the designated fix, when I would hover over the import I received the same error message that the JavaDoc could not be found. The curious thing was that I had both a Java EE 5 & a Java EE 6 in my project path and the jsf jar files were in the Java EE5 section. I figured going forward I would like to keep everything Java EE 6 so once I change that I will try your strategy again on the Java EE 6 side.

#319787 Reply

ssquire

Swapna,
    After updating from Java EE 5 to Java EE 6, I got the following errors:

Can not find the tag library descriptor for “http://java.sun.com/jsf/html”
    Can not find the tag library descriptor for “http://java.sun.com/jsf/core”

I know this worked in a previous project I compiled, so it must have been the update from EE5 to EE6 that caused the problem.

Other than this, the update worked just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Javadoc could not be found issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in