facebook

JBoss Tools

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tony Herstell
    Participant

For a few years now we have not been able to install Jboss Tools
    (jBPM Modeller etc.)

I have Version: 2017 CI 7

Are we able to install the tools or part of the tools yet).

Not keen to break my installs to find out..

Thx

https://tools.jboss.org/features/bpmn2.html

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Tony Herstell.
    #534904 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

Unfortunately this is still not possible, for the same reasons I explained the last time we discussed this 🙁

We have had it on our cards to make the installation you need possible, but making our code compatible with the recent version of JBT has been a pre-requisite of this, which has proven to be more involved than initially anticipated.

To be honest, this is unlikely to get addressed in the 2017 stream of MyEclipse; I’ll try to get it prioritized for MyEclipse 2018, our Oxygen based release – the changes involved are better made at the start of the stream as opposed to the middle or the end.

Again, apologies for the long delay in making the tools compatible.

#534916 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

> I’ll try to get it prioritized for MyEclipse 2018
    Please try.. and put it up there as a headline item.
    It is pretty frustrating tbh… its been a long time coming.

BPM2 type tools are very important as is drools.

Tony.

#597786 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Any update on this?

#597973 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

There are still some installation conflicts, but a large portion of JBoss tools can now be installed into MyEclipse 2018 – I believe some of the JBoss dependencies have changed, and our integration of JBoss tooling has changed somewhat as well.

1) We have integrated some of the Wildfly connectors, so if you try to install those from JBoss tools, there will be conflicts. Would recommend simply taking our connectors in this case, and avoiding the installation of the connectors from JBoss. We are already working on the Wildfly 14 connector, and that should make the next release.

2) I believe the BPMN modeling capabilities you need can now be found here – they install into MyEclipse 2018 just fine, and support the JBoss Business Process Engine.
    https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/eclipse-bpmn2-modeler

If you re-try the installation, can you see if it now does allow you to install the tools you need? Perhaps you just need the BPMN plugin from the marketplace now?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: JBoss Tools

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in