facebook

JSjet is not installed (Click to install…)

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

steve6
    Participant

I am having a hard time getting JSjet to work as expected when I noticed that the Webclipse dashboard tells me “JSjet is not installed (Click to install…)”. Well clicking to install brings up teh Eclipse Available Software Install screen, which contains all the Webclipse components – I have them all installed so there is no option presented to do anything with JSjet.

I am using Eclipse Photon
    I have a valid and activited Webclipse license.

Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #598872 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the details and the screenshots.
    It looks like JSJet may not been properly installed.

Can you please reinstall the Angular IDE/Webclipse plugin and see if it fixes the issue? You can go to the Marketplace, switch to the Installed tab, uninstall the Angular IDE/Webclipse plugin (click on the dropdown and select Uninstall), restart the IDE and then install it again from Marketplace. Angular IDE is also included with Webclipse. So if you are installing all the components from Webclipse plugin, then you do not need to install Angular IDE plugin separately.

If you are still seeing issues post the reinstall, then please share with us the workspace log by clicking on the icon for ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view, save it as .txt and attach it here. Also share with us your OS and version details. Please let us know how you are installing the plugins and if you are making any changes to the selection of the components that are being installed by default.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#598911 Reply

steve6
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. So I attempted to uninstall, and when doing so got an error indicating that several items could not be fully uninstalled (see screen shot).

So instead I downloaded the latest version of Eclipse 2018-19 which just came out this month. So a completely fresh installation of Eclipse and Webclipse. You can see the components that I chose to install, which was everything but the icon designer. I performed the installation by visiting this page (https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/download/) and dragging the control onto my running Eclipse instance.

Following the installation, and restart of Eclipse I get the exact same message that JSjet is not installed. When I click the (Click to install) I get the same list of uninstalled items.

This is where I have stopped, please let me know what other information will help your team’s investigation into this problem. For now I am not able to develop without a solution to JSjet so I am axious for some direction from your team.

Error logs are attached
    Operating System: Windows 10, Version 1803, Build 17134.285
    Java Version: java 10.0.1 2018-04-17
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599043 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

I could replicate the problem with JSJet install on Eclipse 4.9. I earlier tried with Photon 4.8 and did not see the issue when installing Webclipse from Marketplace.

I have raised a bug for the dev team to look into it. In the meantime, you could try CodeMix, our new product which will give you better development experience for existing tech like HTML, CSS, JS and Angular.

Please read this FAQ for more details about the improvements CodeMix brings to the web development space : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/use-codemix-to-improve-your-angular-dev-experience-right-now/

If possible, please give CodeMix a try and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSjet is not installed (Click to install…)

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in