facebook

JSP code insight

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

vladchuk

I can’t get the JSP code insight to work for existing JSP’s – they are part of the web module that was created by converting Eclipse project.

The newly created ones are fine but not the old ones. They do compile, though. Any ideas?

Regards,
    vladchuk

#196209 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Vladchuk,

Can you provide some more detail for us:
    I assume by “insight” you’re referring to tag and code completion?
    What does the project directory structure look like?
    Are both the new and old JSP’s under the Web Root?
    Are they in the same directory?
    Is all completion working in the “new” JSP’s but not the “old” ones?
    Can you duplicate an old one under a new name and does completion begin to work for it under the new name?
    Do you notice anything that is obviously different between the new and old JSP’s?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196214 Reply

vladchuk

Yes, I think JBulider called this feature “code insight”.

Unfortunately, I can’t put my finger on this behavior but I’ll try to answer
    your questions.

-the project structure conforms to that of a webapp: source, webroot, etc.
    -both new and old JSP’s are under webroot.
    -I tried same directory – no change, that is, new ones work old ones don’t
    -no obvious difference between the old ones and new ones.

In general, there seems to be no well defined pattern for the behavior. Sometimes, the old one start working after doing something to them (? – making them writable ??), then they stop working at will (after copying another old one from a different directory ??). There is nothing in the Eclipse log, no hints there.

Any more ideas?

Regards,
    vladchuk

#196218 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Could it be that some of the JSPs are being opened with another, older, editor and the new ones are the only ones opened with our editor? Can you right-click and select ‘Open with…’ to be sure? Just a thought.

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

#196219 Reply

vladchuk

I made sure they are opened with the same (yours) editor. I even deleted *.jsp from the file association list. No change.

Anything else we can try? I’m really out of ideas.

Regards,
    vladchuk

#196220 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Does the completion stop working on Java, taglibs, and HTML tags simultaneously or on just one or the other?

How about creating a fresh web project and then copying one of the “old” and one of the “new” jsp’s into it, just to see if the behavior is different.

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

#196231 Reply

vladchuk

Scott,
    Now that you mentioned it I noticed that code completion doesn’t work for java sorce files. That is, it works for some not others. So this may be my overall configuration issue after all. I wish I new what…

Thanks,
    vladchuk

#196232 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

There were some issues with older versions of the X-Men XML plugin causing this type of issue on Eclipse 2.1. Do you happen to have that directly installed in your plugins directory? Just a thought.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196233 Reply

vladchuk

Whew – the mystery is finally solved!

The behavior is very predictable after all – for code completion to work the file must not be read only AND it must be closed and reopend after it is made writable.

Thanks for all your help and patience, Scott.

Best regards,
    vladchuk

P.S. The “remember me” feature ceased to work on your website a while ago – can it be fixed?

#196234 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Glad you figured it out! It makes sense though, why would you need code assistance on a file you can’t write anyway? 🙂

I’ll forward along the info about the “remember me” feature and see what we can do.

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: JSP code insight

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in