facebook

JSP Scriptlets inside a JavaScript tag failing validation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steve Schnelker
    Participant

I’m seeing an issue since updating to build 16 on MyEclipse 2021. We have some legacy code that uses JSP scriptlets and the validator seems to be trying to validate the scriptlet as JavaScript which is causing a bunch of false errors to be reported. Short of turning off javascript validation altogether is there a way to fix this?

When I open the project I don’t see any validation errors, but if I open one of the affected JSP files to edit, the errors for that file are reported in the editor pane as well as in the ‘Problems’ tab and they tend to accumulate as I edit more files, obscuring any real errors.

I’ve attached a screenshot of a simple example that illustrates the problem.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #676405 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    Unfortunately, this is a regression in MyEclipse 2021. A bug report is already filed for the dev team and we will keep you posted about the fix schedule once we take a closer look at it.

If this is troubling you too much and you do not want to turn off the validation, then the only other option is to downgrade to MyEclipse 2020 (Help > Check for Updates and lock to MyEclipse 2020)

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#680170 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

This issue is fixed in the latest MyEclipse 2022 release.
    Please update via Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: JSP Scriptlets inside a JavaScript tag failing validation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in