facebook

JSP Validation delivers strange results [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Idefix

Hi,

I imported a mid-sized project into myeclipse to continue development, but got stuck with some really strange JSP validation issues:

all JSP files are reported invalid due to the following two errors (one in the first quarter of the file, the other in the last quarter)

“The end Tag “&&;lt;html:html” is unbalanced” and
    “Unterminated &&;lt;html:html tag”.

The first one seems to point to random lines (even before the <html:html locale=”true”> tag!) in the first quarter of the file, the second seems to point to a random line in the last quarter of the file (but BEFORE the </html:html> tag!)

I tried to figure out what causes this behaviour, and found that the JSP validation failes if information from included jsp fragment files are required for validation. In my case, I have two fragment files I include in all JSP files of this project (top.jspf and bottom.jspf), where top.jspf includes the <html:html …> tag, page header, meta data and stuff. bottom.jspf includes the body and header closing tags.

If I copy the contents of this two files into the main JSP file, it will validate.

Thanks,
    Chris

#217770 Reply

Idefix

Well, I guess I need to add a question to get a reply … so here it goes: Is there anything I can do to get validation working with including jsp fragments?
    I wouldn’t really want to turn it off too as I had to do with html validation …

Thanks,
    Chris

#217772 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Chris,
    Sorry we missed this one yesterday, the issue is a bug that I have filed already. We are hoping to get it into 3.8.3, but its hard to say at this point. Sorry you had to run into this. I will try and bump the priority on it since its effecting more users.

#217775 Reply

Idefix

Riyad,
    Thanks! I’ll disable validation until 3.8.3 and try again then …

Chris

#217820 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Chris,

I wanted to let you know that I just saw a bugzilla mailing that showed this bug as fixed internally. We might do another quickfix to release some new server connectors and if we do I’ll see if we can sneak this small fix in too.

#217868 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Scott thank you for the update.

Chris I talked to the dev that fixed this, and aparently even on Tomcat 5.0.19 it wouldn’t run/compile pages like this, but in newer Tomcat releases it works, and as Scott correctly pointed out, we fixed it for MyEclispe so it should stop bother you when we start doing 3.8.3 betas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: JSP Validation delivers strange results [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in