facebook

Launching angular project in Eclipse freezes on 57% when opening the browser

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

bdevaca
    Participant

I’ve been having issues with the debugger. Sometimes it used to freeze when launching the app and opening the browser, but usually I could fix it by closing Eclipse. Today it started freezing at 57% and I can’t get passed it now. I am unable to debug. I’ve tried reinstalling webclipse, restarting eclipse, and restarting my mac. I can’t get passed this now.

Regards,
    Brian

#544627 Reply

bdevaca
    Participant

It finally started debugging again. I’m not sure if it had to do with turning on some validation that I had previously turned off for javascript and NPM validation.

Sometimes the debugger will get past the 57% but the debugger doesn’t start and throws this error:

An internal error occurred during: “Launching frontend-supplier Angular application in a Chrome browser…”.
    Failed to acquire semaphore (timeout)

Any ideas?

#544657 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It looks like a problem with acquiring a lock for one of the resources.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Eclipse Version from Help > About Eclipse section and the Mac OS version.
    2. Can you please clarify if the IDE freezes only during debug and the rest of the actions like running the app works fine?
    3. When the Eclipse frrezes, can you take a thread dump so we can see what is going on inside the IDE? To take a threaddump, please run jstack -l [PID] > dump.txt
    jstack is a binary found in the bin folder of your Java installation, replace [PID] with the process Id of Eclipse, of course. Send us the resulting dump.txt file.
    4. Also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check if there are any errors/exceptions logged.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544665 Reply

bdevaca
    Participant

1. I believe the mac version and eclipse version are in the ProblemReportorEclipse.rtf file that I attached. This morning my Eclipse crashed and generated this report.

2. I am still able to run the Angular application even when I have issues with the debugger.

3. It hasn’t frozen on me since I created this ticket, but the debugger does terminate sometimes and my Eclipse has been crashing but I’m not sure if it’s related to the webclipse plugin.

4. I’ve attached the .log file from Eclipse

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544762 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Thank you for the log and the details. The dev team is looking into it and will get back to you soon with suggestions to fix the problem.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544771 Reply

bdevaca
    Participant

I have an update. It froze again this morning. I’ve attached the jstack dump.txt file.

Regards,
    Brian

Attachments:
    #544782 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

I’m sorry we didn’t pick up on this earlier, but these crashes are a known issue on Neon + macOS High Sierra. The simplest fix is to simply update to Eclipse Oxygen – I’m assuming you aren’t using the Angular IDE standalone install, but have added it to an existing Eclipse install? If you add it to an Oxygen based install, the crashes should go away. Note that the debugging problem is likely a separate issue, though we’ll have to ensure you are using a stable environment first.

1) The Eclipse bug covering this is here:
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=502711

2) Our team is has actually been unable to reproduce these crashes with the same environment. By any chance are you running in a non English locale?

Sorry we didn’t pick up the connection earlier, I hope you are able to move to Oxygen – please let us know if it fixes the crash.

#544787 Reply

bdevaca
    Participant

I switched over to Eclipse Oxygen but the debugger still freezes sometimes. I’ve attached a thread dump file from Oxygen. Regards.

Attachments:
    #544789 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Yes, the debugging issue is a separate problem and our dev team is investigating this issue.

With Oxygen, your IDE should no longer be crashing – can you tell me if you are using a non-English locate for your OS or Eclipse install?

#545862 Reply

Laurent
    Participant

Dear,
    I’ve exactly the same problem (launching freeze at 57%)
    My eclipse is Oxygen.

My ng serve arguments are “-ssl 1 –proxy-config proxy.config.json”

After lauching chrome, I have to update the URL from http to https.

Charles

#545888 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Charles,

I’m not completely sure of the problem as described. You say that the launch freezes but later say that Chrome is launched (after which you have to change the URL). Are you saying that the freeze is intermittent or that it takes a long time to launch the browser? In tests, I did initally see the apparent freeze at 57% but it is not consistent and I haven’t been able to replicate beyond those first couple of tests. However, I’ll raise an issue for development to investigate and we’ll get back to you.

Regarding the ssl option, I will also raise a bug for this issue which I’ve been able to replicate. I believe the correct syntax for the option is to precede “ssl” with two hyphens (your post gives only one), that is --ssl 1, though it appears that both options give the same result.

If you can provide a consistent set of steps for the freeze, that would help as we continue investigations,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

#547393 Reply

bdevaca
    Participant

I’m not having this problem anymore. I think it was the combination of upgrading to Eclipse Oxygen and making sure my High Sierra OS was up to date.

#547508 Reply

support-swapna

Brian,

Glad that you are no longer seeing the crash problem with Oxygen. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#575419 Reply

gmgallo
    Participant

Guys

I have the same issue as described before using oxygen and high sierra.

Any idea?

#575982 Reply

support-swapna

gmgallo,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue.

Are you also seeing the freeze when debugging the angular app? Please let us know the exact problem you are seeing and also share with us the steps to help us replicate the problem at our end consistently.

Can you please let us know if you are up to date with High Sierra and Oxygen? Also let us know if you are using a non-English locale for your OS or Eclipse install?

If you are up to date on the OS and Oxygen versions, then please take a thread dump when the IDE freezes so we can see what is going on inside the IDE. To take a threaddump, please run jstack -l [PID] > dump.txt
    jstack is a binary found in the bin folder of your Java installation, replace [PID] with the process Id of Eclipse, of course. Send us the resulting dump.txt file.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Launching angular project in Eclipse freezes on 57% when opening the browser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in