facebook

LDAP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Josh Moore

If you are using oc4j standalone and using LDAP what is the user name that Elcipse uses to try to shut the server down. The plugin works to shutdown oracle AS until I start using ldap. When I start using ldap I get a username/password error on shutdown. Any Ideas?

#196215 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Josh,

For shutdown commands, the plugin uses the default administrative user name ‘admin’ and whatever password you have configured on the preference page for Oracle 9iAS.

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

#196216 Reply

Josh Moore

Thats what I thought. In Oracle OID(Oracle LDAP) I have the super user account named admin. But when I try to do a shutdown I get

Error: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup error: javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Invalid username/password for default (admin); nested exception is:
    javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Invalid username/password for default (admin)

This is only after I setup JAZN to use LDAP. Any Ideas?

#196217 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Are you sure that the password for ‘admin’ in your LDAP server is what you set the admin password to when you installed Oracle AS? Can you shut down Oracle from the command line, outside of MyEclipse, once you’ve configured LDAP?

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: LDAP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in