facebook

License update issue

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

james3
    Participant

Hi

I recently purchased a 1 year extension to my license for CodeMix. I have entered and activated the key. If I go to Help -> CodeMix -> Update license it shows my new subscriber ID, and says “Webclipse expiring 30-Jan-2020”, and “Product activated” which is all great.

However, in the bottom left of Eclipse I get a red exclamation mark next to “CodeMix” and clicking on it I get: “Access expiring soon – Your CodeMix access will expire in -6 days” – yes, that’s minus six days – the date my old license expired. Everything is currently working correctly, but I am concerned one day I will fire up Eclipse and find CodeMix has stopped working!

Thanks,
    James.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by james3.
    #608107 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Thank you for contacting us – you can safely ignore the access expiration warning, your access will be based on the date you see in the license dialog (expiring Jan 30, 2020).

For some background, there’s a bug in the code that’s displaying that warning, and thanks to your timely report, we’re going to fix it in our upcoming release.

#608992 Reply

support-swapna

James,

Our latest release, CodeMix 3.0 is out with the fix for the expiration warning message problem.
    Please update and let us know if you are still seeing the problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#671908 Reply

rogez
    Participant

I have reinstalled my pc and since, CodeMix is showing my licence had expired, but it’s not… I also get the “No Licence Available” warning and codeMix is not working anymore, it says “Preparing” forever when i try to load a php file.

What can I do?

#671913 Reply

support-swapna

Rogez,

You will have to apply the license again as the reinstall of pc might have deleted the stored license details.
    Please go to Help > CodeMix > Update License dialog and login using the credentials. Once logged in, if it is still picking up the old license details, then click on ‘Check Access’ to apply the recent license.

If you are still seeing issues, then please share the Update License dialog screenshot, along with your OS and version details and the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#674513 Reply

Junio
    Participant

I can’t get License Update to work due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jface/util/Assert -> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jface.util.Assert cannot be found by com.genuitec.eclipse.code_3.6.0.202007221454 stacktrace in Eclipse log. I’m using Eclipse 2021-06. Is there any workaround to this? I bought the license today and can’t use it already.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Junio.
    #674514 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Junio! Thanks for reaching out. There’s a known compatibility issue with CodeMix and Eclipse newer than 2020-09, I realize yours is 2020-06 but might as well give this workaround a try.

Please let me know if that solves the issue.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#674517 Reply

Junio
    Participant

Thank you Lara. I edited my version of Eclipse, which is 2021-06, but glady to say that the workaround worked perfectly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: License update issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in