facebook

Limit jars in project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

skidancer
    Participant

Hi,

I need to be able to absolutely limit what jar files are included by the IDE for a project. Currently, even for a simple HelloWorld.java project MyEclipse includes a lot of files in the .metadata folder. I need to be able to create a project so that the .metadata folder doesn’t exist within the src tree, i.e. the git tree.

#648481 Reply

Brian Fernandes

MyEclipse does not add a .metadata folder in the project, however, this folder does exist at the workspace level and is necessary for the proper functioning of MyEclipse. This folder has little to do with the project(s) in your workspace. I’m assuming this is the folder you are talking about – if not, please send a screenshot with the contents and full path of the .metadata folder and your project folder.

You need to be checking-in only the project into version control, not the entire workspace. Projects are typically created as a folder within the workspace folder, so this should not be a problem. If you created your project in the workspace without a containing folder, please create a new project in a folder within the workspace.

Hope this helps.

#648491 Reply

skidancer
    Participant

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response. My setup is something like c:\src\git\… and all of my projects are under the git folder. So if I understand what you’re telling me is to set the git folder as the workspace and all of my projects (git\projectA, git\projectB) will not have the .metadata folder. In fact, I’d probably prefer to create a separate folder for my workspaces, i.e. c:\Workspaces, and leave my projects in the c:\src\git\…

Is that correct?

Regards,
    David

#648493 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

In fact, I’d probably prefer to create a separate folder for my workspaces, i.e. c:\Workspaces, and leave my projects in the c:\src\git\…

Correct, this is the way to go.

Don’t know what / where your workspace is now, but inside MyEclipse, you should do File > Switch Workspace > Other and type in the path of your new workspace, say, c:\workspaces. Do not set the git folder as the new workspace. Once MyEclipse starts, you should use the import project wizard to import your existing projects from c:\src\git into this workspace. Please ensure that the “copy contents” checkbox in the import wizard is not checked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Limit jars in project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in