facebook

Mac OSx command key not working

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tamihana Katene
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have recently upgraded to MyEclipse 2016 CI 3 Build id: 14.0.0-20160503 on OSX 10.11.5 and can not use the OSx command key for frequently used shortcuts (goto line, copy and paste etc). I have checked the key bindings in General > keys, restored to default etc and they look like they are configured correctly. The command key works fine on all other applications. Has this issue been encountered previously? I need some assistance please.

Thanks
    Tamihana

#484568 Reply

support-swapna

Tamihana,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse 2016 CI 3. We do not see the issue with shortcuts at our end.

After restoring the keys in the General > Keys preferences page, can you please restart MyEclipse and check if it fixes the issue. Can you also check if the issue persists in a new workspace as well?

It might be possible that there are duplicates bindings due to plugins defining some of the keys. Duplicates can be checked by sorting on the key combination, making duplicates easier to see. If there are duplicates then please try other shortcuts that use the command key.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#485471 Reply

Tamihana Katene
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Haven’t been able to get this fixed. I’ve mapped the keys i need to cnrtl so i can use them. You really do take the little things for granted until you don’t have them any more lol.

Tamihana

#485472 Reply

Tamihana Katene
    Participant

FYI

Tracked down the issue guys! It is related to the primary language settings in OSX for bi lingual installations. Removing the additional (broken lol) language configuration and restarting the OS fixed the problem..

Cheers

#485484 Reply

support-swapna

Tamihana,

Glad that you resolved it. Thank you for posting your findings. It will surely help other users.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Mac OSx command key not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in