facebook

Maven projects with persistence.xml and Spring do not import cleanly.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tvail
    Participant

This happens in the MyEclipse 2017 line — the last version of MyEclipse 2016 does not exhibit this isue.

I get a popup with this detail:

Failed while installing JPA 2.0.
    Property not located:ISpringPersistenceFacetInstallDataModelProperties.ADD_SPRING_JPA_SUPPORT

I spent a bit of time drilling down to what is causing it — it doesn’t seem to like using Spring AND JPA
    with persistence.xml together. I’ve attached a very simple project folder (with just a pom.xml and persistence.xml). You can import it cleanly as a maven project in 2016 and 2015, but 2017 gets the above error.

Thanks,

-Tim Vail

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #521674 Reply

support-swapna

Tim,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse 2017. Thank you for the project files. I could replicate the issue at my end. I have filed a bug for the dev team to investigate further. We will keep you posted about the fix.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#536501 Reply

djpittner
    Participant

Hi. Is there an update on this issue? Either a workaround or a bug where we can track the status in detail? We are in the process of upgrading from MyEclipse 2015 to 2017 and are running into this problem.

Thank you,
    Douglas

#536636 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Douglas,

We don’t have a public bug tracker, but I’m prioritizing this issue for the MyEclipse 2017 CI 9 release. Due to other commitments, we were unable to get it into CI 8 release that’s due in the next couple of days.

I do understand it can be a problem to have this popup when you’re trying to migrate to 2017, we’ll also look at whether any workarounds are possible with the current release.

#544303 Reply

support-swapna

Tim/Douglas,

MyEclipse 2017 CI 9 is out with the fix for the maven project import problem. Please update to CI 9 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544499 Reply

djpittner
    Participant

Thanks for the followup. We had migrated our projects to Eclipse Oxygen in the meantime to work around the issue. I’m not sure if we will switch back, but if we do and continue to have problems we will let you know at that time.

#546805 Reply

tvail
    Participant

I finally got a chance to upgrade this past Friday/Thursday. The JPA functionality is working for our projects. I’ve been able to enable the JPA Maven functionality again in our SDC.

Thanks a bunch,

-Tim

#546818 Reply

support-swapna

Tim,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Maven projects with persistence.xml and Spring do not import cleanly.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in