facebook

Menus items disabled with macOS High Sierra

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hello,

I being migrated my MacBook Pro from macOS Sierra to High Sierra and all MyEclipse 2017 CI 8 appears disabled except “MyEclipse” menu items (i.e., “About MyEclipse”, “Preferences”…). I attach a screen capture to illustrate the problem.

I ran the installed to repair MyEclipse installation but the problem continues.

What can I do to recover enabled MyEclipse menu items?

Thanks in advance,

Francesc Rosés

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #538413 Reply

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hello,

I installed MyEclipse from scratch into my Mac Mini with macOS High Sierra and the problem with disabled menus appears like in my MacBook Pro. I suppose there is any type of problem with macOS High Sierra.

Any idea or workarround to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Francesc Rosés

#538418 Reply

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hello,

I observe the same menu behavior with MyEclipse 2016 CI and even with Eclipse Oxygen so I think the problem may by the Eclipse integration with macOS High Sierra not MyEclipse integration.

I hope Apple team or Eclipse / MyEclipse team provide a solution. By the moment, I think Eclipse users can’t migrate to macOS High Sierra.

Thanks in advance,

Francesc Rosés

#538493 Reply

support-swapna

Francesc Rosés,

This is an Eclipse bug in Mac OS High Sierra : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=519724
    You are seeing the issue in MyEclipse as it is based on Eclipse. As a workaround, you can fix the Info.plist file as suggested in one of the bug comments. The Info.plist file can be found at this path : …/MyEclipse 2017 CI.app/Contents/Info.plist

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544297 Reply

support-swapna

Francesc Rosés,

Our latest release MyEclipse 2017 CI 9 is out with the fix for the menu items disabled problem on High Sierra.
    Please go to Help > Check for Updates, update to CI 9 and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Menus items disabled with macOS High Sierra

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in