facebook

Messes PHP Editor shortcuts – IDE hangs after hitting Ctrl+Shift+M

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

vital-soft
    Participant

I just installed Darkest Dark and I love it! It really looks great. So easy and pleasing for the eyes! Unfortunately there are some problems.

I use Eclipse IDE mainly for writing PHP code. Shortcuts are of great help. I use quite often Ctrl+Shift+M for searching for the functions I have stored in different files. After installing Darkest Dark this shortcut stopped working. More than that after I hit Ctrl+Shift+M I am not even able to close the IDE as it just hangs displaying a popup with the message ”Operation in progress…” that never goes away. In order to close the IDE I must go to the Windows Task Manger and force the termination of Eclipse IDE from there.

IDE: Eclipse Neon 4.6.3

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #541265 Reply

support-swapna

vital-soft,

Thank you for trying Darkest Dark and for your wonderful compliments.
    Sorry that you are seeing problems with the shortcut. I could replicate the problem at my end.

A bug is filed for the dev team to investigate further. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues with Darkest Dark.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541292 Reply

Aaron Lara

@vital-soft, Do you have the “icons designer” view open anywhere in your UI? If you do the easiest workaround would be to close it as this is a known issue: Shortcut conflicting with our icons designer shortcuts. We have placed a fix for this that will be available in our next release (CI9).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#541297 Reply

vital-soft
    Participant

”Do you have the “icons designer” view open anywhere in your UI?”

No, I don’t. I wasn’t even aware of its presence. Icon Designer is of no use to me. I am mainly a PHP programmer. Occasionally I write JavaScript and CSS code. Anyway if this is what is causing conflicts with my PHP shortcuts I would like to get rid of Icons Designer altogether. I looked through the list of available views and I a saw it listed here: Window -> Show view -> other -> Darkest Dark -> Icon Designer. Is there a way to uninstall Icons Designer without affecting Darkest Dark Theme?

Meanwhile I tried Darkest Dark installed in the Oxygen release (ver. 4.7.1a). The Ctrl+Shift+M shortcut fails to work there as well (I mean in PHP editor). Fortunately the IDE does not hang anymore.

#541393 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the detailed information! Looks like it does not have anything to do with the Icons Designer but we are investigating further. We will le you know once we have a fix.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#541399 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry, noticed I didn’t answer you question. If you want to uninstall the Icon Designer one way to do it is going to Help > About Eclipse… Then clicking “Installation Details”. Look for the Icon Designer in the Installed Software Tab and selec it, then click Uninstall…
    It should uninstall it wihout uninstalling the Darkest Dark theme.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#541987 Reply

support-swapna

vital-soft,

This issue has been fixed for the 2017 CI 9 release, that’s due in the next few days.

We did put out a pre-release of CI 9 which does contain this fix, so if you would like to try it out immediately, please follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/webclipse-angular-ide-prerelease-stream/

If you do try out the pre-release, do let us know if your issue was fixed, if not, we’ll hopefully be able to correct it before the final release.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544296 Reply

support-swapna

vital-soft,

2017 CI 9 is out with the fix for the issue you reported. Please update to CI 9 from Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Messes PHP Editor shortcuts – IDE hangs after hitting Ctrl+Shift+M

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in