facebook

Migrating JAX-RPC from WAS 8 to WAS 8.5.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

hahagal
    Participant

Hi,

We initially use MyEclipse Blue 10 with WAS 8. Now we are on MyEclipse 2019.12.05. How can we migrate our webservices using JAX-RPC from WAS 8 to WAS 8.5? Please assist quickly as we need the web services to be up asap.

hahagal

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by hahagal.
    #640474 Reply

Brian Fernandes

As far as I know, the JAX-RPC web services should just continue to work even as you upgrade to WebSphere 8.5. This appears to be more of a domain question than a tooling question, so not sure how we’ll be able to help.

If they do not work, is there any output as you deploy your application that indicates why they are failing? Are there any errors in your application and is it deployed successfully otherwise?

#640476 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Brian,

It is successfully deployed. Please see attached source and log files. I am getting “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.ws.wsaddressing.namespace.NamespaceData200508 (initialization failure)”

hahagal

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by hahagal.
    #640487 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing issues.
    The attachments are missing. Please recheck and attach them. For the .log file, change the extension to .txt and attach it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#640488 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I attached 2 zip files. Do I rename the extension to .txt?

hahagal

#640489 Reply

support-swapna

I am sorry but the attachments still didnt come across. Is the zip file large?
    If you have trouble attaching it to the post, then can you please email the files to support@genuitec.com along with a reference to this post?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#640501 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

I just sent the zip files through email. Hope to hear from you soon.

#640538 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Swapna, any updates?

#640549 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks for sending the files in. You had stated that the application was successfully deployed but looking at the errors in the SystemOut and SystemErr files you sent in, this does not appear to be the case. There are a number of errors around EJB initialization for instance which should be resolved first.

As I had stated earlier, I’m afraid this is not something we will be able to assist with, as it is very application and environment dependent, and not really a function of MyEclipse. You will need to debug and resolve each deployment issue by investigating the stack traces and error messages, and make changes in your application to fix them.

Here are few general tips that will hopefully help you:

1) Though I doubt it will fix this problem, you could consider updating to the latest WAS fix pack for 8.5.5, which is 16 (you are on 15).
    2) I’m assuming that you do not have errors showing in your application (in the explorer) if those are present, those should probably be resolved first, within the IDE, before you attempt deployment.
    3) Examine your project’s deployment assembly (Project properties > Deployment > Deployment Assembly) and ensure all parts of your application are being correctly deployed.
    4) Please examine your WAS 8.0 configuration and ensure your WAS 8.5.5 profile is configured in the same way.
    5) Use the same deployment mode for both 8 and 8.5 (Classic or In-workspace)

Once you fix the deployment issues, it is quite likely that your JAX-RPC issues will be resolved as well.

#640567 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks! I am trying to re-check again. In MyEclipse Blue 10, there is Java Enterprise Project > Web Project setting. See attached screenshot. What is the equivalent in MyEclipse 2019.12.05?

hahagal

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #640574 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The equivalent of this is the Deployment Assembly page I mentioned earlier – Properties > Deployment > Deployment Assembly. Please see the documentation here for details on how it works: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/servers/deployment-assembly/

The older deployment tech in MyEclipse was error prone due to hardcoded and inflexible deployment policies which we had to fix every other release to handle different user cases. When you opened your projects in MyEclipse 2019, you should have been asked to migrate them, if the projects were only previously used with MyEclipse 10. This would set up the Deployment Assembly for all the projects correctly (though it should be checked, of course). I’m presuming you did go through with the migration process?

#640575 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Yes, I did the project migration. See attached screenshots of my build path and deployment assembly. I could be missing some build path in the web deployment assembly?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #640606 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Could you assist to check further? I have checked and all seems ok but still having the error. I have sent a smaller project to support@genuitec.com.

#640608 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

The web project you sent us has incorrect Java facet which is not supported by WAS 8.5.
    Please refer to my response to the email and make the changes accordingly.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#641452 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi Swapna, Brian,

Many thanks for your help and pointers. It was caused by the Generic JVM argument using third party soap factory. After I removed that is working fine now.

hahagal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Migrating JAX-RPC from WAS 8 to WAS 8.5.5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in