facebook

Missing springnature

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

I’m having issues with creating Spring projects, either through the embedded Spring Starter Project or importing a Spring Initializr project. The error message is:

!MESSAGE Problems encountered while setting project description.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 2 35 2019-05-27 17:44:57.264
    !MESSAGE Unknown referenced nature: com.genuitec.eclipse.springframework.springnature.

Existing projects work fine. I’ve tried adding the springnature to my .project, but no change in behavior. Using Mac MyEclipse CI 2019.4.0 build 16.0.0-20190403

Thanks
    Bob

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Bob Dietrich.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Bob Dietrich.
    #615344 Reply

support-swapna

Bob,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I tried both the wizards in MyEclipse CI 2019.4.0 at my end and see no problems creating the Spring projects.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Is the project created irrespective of the error? Is the error reported as a pop up or silently logged in the Error Log view?
    2. Can you please start the IDE with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and see if the problem persists? If yes, then please share with us the workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here).
    3. Please go to Help > Choose Components and check if Spring Support for MyEclipse is listed under Selected category. Also clarify if you have installed STS plugin to MyEclipse.
    4. Also let us know if you are accepting all defaults in the project creation wizard. If you are making any changes to the wizard, then please share that information as well.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#615395 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Project imported despite error. Not entirely silent – no popup, but logged and line 1 of pom.xml marked with error.
    2. Used -clean, created new workspace in different directory, problem persisted. Log file attached.
    3. Spring support enabled. This is a Spring MyEclipse subscription, no no install by me.
    4. Using Spring Initialzr, used defaults for Maven, Java, Spring version (2.1.5). Changed artifactId/name to demo2, selected Java 11, Web module. See attached zip file.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #615472 Reply

support-swapna

Bob,

Thank you for the details and the log file. The log has lot of unresolved errors for Spring and Hibernate components.
    It looks like the installation is bad/corrupt.

Can you please rerun the downloaded MyEclipse installer file once again and choose ‘Repair’ to repair the existing install and see if it helps?
    Alternatively, you can delete the contents of the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home directory and rerun the installer. This will give you an option to install another fresh copy of MyEclipse to a different location.

I also see invalid activation error reported in the log file. Are you seeing any problems with your license in MyEclipse 2019?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#615582 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Haven’t had a lot time to deal with this, but I inadvertently uninstalled (MacOS). So I reinstalled from the latest (2019) download, and it picked a different install directory. Have the same issue as before, along with plenty of log messages. No license issues that I’m aware of.

#615583 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

1) Sanity check, are you sure you are running the version installed in the other directory? Sometimes the shortcuts are not correctly updated.

2) As a test, do try creating your app in a new workspace – and send me the log from there.

If we’re still seeing the same sorts of errors, with inability to resolve bundles, we need to figure out why that is happening, those missing bundles are why the nature cannot be found.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Missing springnature

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in