facebook

MobiOne needs a true web control object

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mike Felker
    Participant

One of the things missing from MobiOne is a true web control so we could embed it in an app.

How difficult would it be to include one?

Mike

#347244 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Can you elaborate a bit more on your suggestion, example(s)?

#347256 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

Sure. Most visual programming languages I have used have a web control app. It allows me to use web functionality within my software. I have created my own internet browsers, for example, using it. I could also have a website come up within a page of mine instead of opening a default browser and going to a page – to keep people using my app and not using the default browser instead.

Mike

#347268 Reply

Brandon

you mean something different than this:

phoneui.showURL(URL, "_child", {showLocationBar: true, showAddress: false, showNavigationBar: true });

Which opens the in app browser?

#347361 Reply

Hi karmacomposer,

What you are describing sounds very similar to an <iframe>. This can be very challenging and there are many quirks across the mobile platforms. Thus we have provided the html widget that gives you the ability to DIY. See this doc for some background on our past hassles with iframes.

#352205 Reply

malik125

Sure. Most visual programming languages I have used have a web control app. It allows me to use web functionality within my software. I have created my own internet browsers, for example, using it. I could also have a website come up within a page of mine instead of opening

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MobiOne needs a true web control object

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in