facebook

MobiOne projects imported 2 myEclipse only work on simulator

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Pascal Curdy
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying some migration of MobiOne projects into myEclipse.

The wizard seems to work well enough to get the App running on the emulator.

The problem is that, after a local build, I’m quite unable to have it working on my Samsung Galaxy SII.

It was working correctly when built in MobiOne.

By example, the mobione-compass sample doesn’t show the compass.png, as well as the needle.png.

What is missing?
    Is this a problem of path to define somewhere in myEclipse ? (though the images files are at the same location of the html file)

Thanks in advance for your support.

BTW, do you plan to implement a MobiOne-like designer in myEclipse ?

#353178 Reply

Hi,

It is suggested that you first go through the tutorial to get the date-time project working before attempting other projects as this will give you a base line to go on to troubleshoot other projects.

If you run into trouble getting the Date-time sample working please let us know so we can help you get a handle on the process. Here is a link to the tutorial, also please make sure you download the latest resource pack with the mobione project and MyEclipse user template. These will be updated if we find any issues.

https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/mobione-apps-myeclipse/

Thanks,

#353179 Reply

Pascal Curdy
    Participant

Ok, I did it and it works fine (even on my Galaxy SII).

But it’s a very simple App with nothing but some text fields on the screen.

I’ll have to investigate with other, more complex applications.

I’ll keep you informed …

Have a nice WE

Best Regards

#353180 Reply

Hi,

Yes, that was the reason we created it was because it is a very simple app. This proves your MyEclipse setup is fine to do the builds and projects work. If a separate project fails you will know that something else is wrong, less possible problems. And, you can always go back and compare the base project with the one that is failing to discover whats wrong.

Take care,

#353185 Reply

Pascal Curdy
    Participant

Hi,

I have developped some Javascript Objects located in js files that I integrate on demand to the MobiOne Project.
    This is done in the property “Javascript Libraries” of the mobi screen.

These file are located outside MobiOne Projects and can be used in several projects.

When I want to build the App, MobiOne automatically generates the Application Files, adding the external Javascript file to the www directory of the project (if it hasn’t been done before, by example, when calling the emulator).

More, the Build Wizard lets me define which files (image, etc…) I want to be part of the build (generally, external js files are already added).

In myEclipse, I retrieve my js files correctly imported (they are effectively located in the www directory of the myEclipse Project).

To my advice, the problem is that, when building the App, myEclipse builder forgets to include these external js files to the build.

The question is: Where, in myEclipse should I declare external files that I want to include to the Project ?

Thanks in advance for your support

Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353187 Reply

Hi,

Anything in the www folder should be included in the builds. There is one exception in the default PhoneGap project folders, this is the res folder. It contains a file (usually hidden) called .pgbomit this file tells the PhoneGap Build service do not include this folder or its contents in the build. The reason is this is where all the files are stored for each platform icons and splash screens. This way only the files needed are copied into the build, keeping the size as it should be.

This would be the first thing to look at. Other than that any file inside the ww folder should be included in the build.

Another thing to look at, if they are js files, is to make sure they are defined in your projects main html file, otherwise it may be including them, but not loading them.

Hope this helps

#384400 Reply

gulzaralisofi
    Participant

I man unable to download M1MyEclipseBuildTutorialResources.zip from genuitec.com

#385938 Reply

support-swapna

gulzaralisofi,

Thank you for pointing to the issue. Unfortunately, the link to download the M1MyEclipseBuildTutorialResources.zip is broken.
    I have forwarded the issue to the concerned team to fix it.

Thanks for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#389703 Reply

support-swapna

gulzaralisofi,

The issue with downloading MyEclipse-BuildM1ProjectTutorialPack.zip is now fixed.
    Here is the link to the tutorial : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/mobione-apps-myeclipse/

Please retry and let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#389733 Reply

gulzaralisofi
    Participant

Thanks This Link Works . hope other may also take the advantage of the same.

thanks .

#392255 Reply

gulzaralisofi
    Participant

How to run / execute the .mobi file on windows 8 or windows platform as there is support for .mobi files

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: MobiOne projects imported 2 myEclipse only work on simulator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in