facebook

MyEclipse 10.0 Maven Configuration Problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tom

Hello! I am having some issues with Maven in MyEclipse and hope you can help. I have a fresh install of OpenSuse 12.1 64 bit OS. I am running Sun JDK 1.6.0_31 and Maven 2.2.1. I installed Eclipse Classic 3.7.2 for 64 bit Linux. I used the MyEclipse update site to install MyEclipse 10.0. I have a few other plugins installed such as Subversive and Jibx.

My Maven projects each have an error that shows up in the header of the pom.xml. The error simply says: org.codehaus.plexus.components.io.resources.PlexusIoResourceCollection

The projects build fine with Maven on the command line. They build fine when using the Maven run configuration. Eclipse is not happy with something. Because of this, I am unable to deploy them successfully to Jetty. Please let me know what other information you need.

Thanks!

#324328 Reply

support-swapna

idoneous ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1) Since MyEclipse 10 Maven support is based on Maven 3 and not Maven 2, can you please try it with Maven 3, outside of MyEclipse ?

2) If the project builds fine with Maven 3, can you please send us the pom.xml for further investigation ?

Here is the FAQ on how to attach files to forums :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-how-to-upload-attachments-on-forum/

Let us know how it works for you.

#324344 Reply

Tom

Looks like even simple projects fail under Maven 3.0.3. It looks like Maven is unhappy with the pom files in my .m2 repository:

[INFO] ————————————————————————
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 3.462s
    [INFO] Finished at: Fri Mar 16 11:56:48 EDT 2012
    [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/149M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project addressScrubbing: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.phh.addressScrubbing:addressScrubbing:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies for [com.allaire:cfx:jar:0.0.1 (provided), com.g1:g1client:jar:7.0 (provided), com.g1:g1message:jar:7.0 (provided), com.phh:phhcfx:jar:0.0.1 (provided), jakarta-regexp:jakarta-regexp:jar:1.4 (provided), dom4j:dom4j:jar:1.6.1 (provided), log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.9 (provided), commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 (compile), com.sybase:jconn2:jar:12.5 (provided), com.phh.legacy:UtilitiesJAR:jar:1.2.0 (compile), junit:junit:jar:3.8.1 (test)]: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.allaire:cfx:jar:0.0.1: Could not transfer artifact com.allaire:cfx:pom:0.0.1 from/to central (http://shsvn-prod.phh.com/m2repo): Error transferring file: shsvn-prod.phh.com: Unknown host shsvn-prod.phh.com -> [Help 1]

I’m not sure that my team is ready to transition to Maven 3.0.3. I will try blowing away my local repo and let Maven 3 replenish it. Then I’ll see if I can get simple projects going. If that works, I’ll see about our more complex ones. Please don’t close this thread just yet, I have a feeling I’ll be back.

Thanks!

#324346 Reply

Tom

Okay. I was able to resolve the issue. The solution for me was:
    1. Close MyEclipse
    2. Download and install Maven 3.0.4
    3. Delete local repository.
    4. Build projects from command line
    5. Open MyEclipse
    6. Delete projects from MyEclipse
    7. Import projects and clean.
    Voila!

Thanks for your assistance.

#324347 Reply

Tom

I forgot to mention step 5.5
    5.5 – Change Maven installation in
    Windows -> Preferences -> MyEclipse – Maven4MyEclipse -> Installations
    to use Maven 3.0.4

#324377 Reply

support-swapna

idoneous ,

Glad that it is working. Thank you for posting the steps. They will be of great help to other users.

Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 10.0 Maven Configuration Problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in