facebook

MyEclipse 2022.1 – Unable to add new server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

aralgundkar
    Participant

I am trying to add new server however I have observed following issues in it.
    1. There is no way to add server by right clicking at server section.
    2. Window-Preferences-MyEclipse giving an error at the screen.

MyEclipse Configuration –
    Version: 2022.1.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20220324

I have attached both the exceptions as attachment. At this point there is now way for me to add new server.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #681994 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Added screenshot from Window-Preferences-Servers-Runtime Environment.

Attached screenshot shows an error ‘provide server installation directory’ and there is no way to add server installation directory.

Attachments:
    #681996 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot and the error details.
    Is this a fresh installation of MyEclipse 2022? Did it work before on this particular machine?
    Please start MyEclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, then please share the following details to help us investigate further :
    1. Complete .log file from the new workspace located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here)
    2. If you have changed the Java version that is used to start MyEclipse(in myeclipse.ini file), then please share the version and distribution details.
    3. Any third party plugins installed or any other changes made to the IDE?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#682006 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I had been using MyEclipse 2019 before migrating to 2022. The version 2022 has lot of issues in it. After migration I had to create new workspace to resolve an issue.
    The clean command is not working for me.

If I create new workspace then current observation will be resolved. Please don’t suggest that option as this would be forth time for me to create new workspace to resolve IDE issue. I don’t want to invest my time again to resolve IDE issue rather than productive work.

I haven’t changed the java version at myeclipse.ini file. Installation summary has been attached.

Attachments:
    #682008 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Attached installation details.

Attachments:
    #682018 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Thank you for sharing the log file. Apologies for your previous experiences.

Can you please give us some more details?
    1. When exactly did you see this problem with adding the new server? Is it right after migrating to MyEclipse 2022?
    2. Is the problem specific to adding a new Websphere server or for any server?
    3. Any antivirus running in your machine?
    4. How did you install MyEclipse 2022? Did you perform an in-product update using Check for Updates dialog or did you install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 using offline installer?
    5. Can you please uninstall your current MyEclipse 2022, install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 using freshly downloaded offline installer to rule out a corrupt/broken install?
    If you do not want to uninstall your current MyEclipse 2022 install, then delete the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home folder, run the offline installer, select a different location to install another copy of MyEclipse 2022 and proceed.

Start the newly installed MyEclipse 2022 with -clean and -clearPersistedState flags (>myeclipse.exe -clean -clearPersistedState) and open your current workspace.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, then please share the .log file again to help us investigate further. Also let us know if any third party plugins are installed.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#682056 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Please find responses to your questions/suggestions.

1. I was able to add new server after migration recently I am facing this issue.
    2. Problem is not specific to any server type, it is happening for all application servers.
    3. No antivirus running on my system
    4. I had tried to upgrade with in-built option however it didn’t worked for me. Then I installed the IDE with offline installer.
    5. Let me know if reinstallation is the only option I have, I will do it.

I am going to perform steps that you have mentioned to see if it resolves my issue. More updates to follow.

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhijeet Aralgundkar

#682057 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Thank you for the answers.
    Do you remember making any changes to the IDE recently which might have broken the server functionality?
    Any third party plugins installed? We might get a better picture once you install a fresh copy of MyEclipse 2022 to rule out IDE corruption and open your current workspace. Please check and share the .log file with us if the issue persists.

P.S : Please install the new copy to a different location instead of rewriting or repairing your existing MyEclipse 2022 installation.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#682237 Reply

support-swapna

Abhijeet,

Just following up – were you able to resolve the issue with the new server?
    Do let us know if you are still seeing the problem in a fresh installation of MyEclipse.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#682238 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Thanks Swapna for tracking this.

I kept the installation same and pointed it to new workspace. Now I don’t see the issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2022.1 – Unable to add new server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in