facebook

MyEclipse content assist .jsp Expression Language (with more)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

drenriza
    Participant

I have just downloaded and installed MyEclipse for Ubuntu 14.04, created an entirely new workspace and a new Java EE web project.

In the index.jsp file i am than trying to see if content assist works for Expression Language (EL)
    ${ctrl + space}, but here i get the response / error “No JSP proposals”.

${ctrl+space...}
    ${HttpServletRequest.ctrl+space...}

Aren’t the implicit objects, request attributes and so on available to the IDE in .jsp pages,
    through ctrl + space?

Thanks on advance.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by drenriza.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by drenriza.
    #533335 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

I have tried the following, based on old posts about this problem.

In window -> preferences -> java -> editor -> content assist

Auto activation = enabled

In window -> preferences -> java -> editor -> content assist -> advanced

I’ve ticked everything to see if that would help, but it didn’t.

#533361 Reply

support-swapna

drenriza,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse. Sorry that you are seeing this issue with content assist. I see the problem with content assist for

${ctrl+space...}
    ${HttpServletRequest.ctrl+space...}

The content assist works for implicit object pageContext.
    ${pageContext.ctrl+space}

I have filed it for further investigation with the dev team. We will get back to you soon with more information if there is a workaround to get the content assist working for all JSP EL’s.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533438 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if this is considered a bug, decision from the dev team or because i use the evaluation version?

For my sake i think it is a big deal that all except one implicit object are not “shown”,
    and thats first after its been accessed.

Also request attributes are not shown either, does this go under the same issue?

Currently i am deciding between MyEclipse and Intellij IDEA for my future IDE, so i am very interested
    in following these issues and if / when they will be amended, or knowing if its because i am using a version that does not support this (evaluation version).

I am also experiencing a false positive in the ‘Web Application 3.1 Deployment Descriptor’ -> JSP file textbox. Are one to place this as a bug at http://feedback.genuitec.com/forums/230155-myeclipse-usability-suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

#533463 Reply

Brian Fernandes

drenriza,

First off, we do not restrict any functionality in the evaluation version, so what you are seeing is a bug. Can you clarify for me what Java EE versions you created the project with, I’m assuming version 7? We’ll take a look at the request attributes issue here too.

As far as the issue with false positives, do post it here on our forums for faster analysis, you can start a new thread or post in this one, whatever is convenient. A screenshot of the issue would help.

#533626 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

Can you clarify for me what Java EE versions you created the project with

Java EE 7

http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
    Servlet Spec 3.1
    JSP Spec 2.3
    EL Spec 3.0

Dont know if this information helps in anyway but here it is.
    openjdk-8-jre:amd64 8u141-b15-3~14.04

The false positive happends when i create a new web project, open the web.xml with the ‘Web Application 3.1 Deployment Descriptor’, and create a new <servlet> element under ‘Servlets’

Immediately after i get an error for ‘JSP file’. It does not prevent the <servlet> information such as name and class from being written to web.xml, but an error icon to the left side of the textbox appear and does not go away until i close the web.xml file and reopen it with the ‘Web Application 3.1 Deployment Descriptor’.
    servlet error

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by drenriza.
    #534055 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

any updates?

#534077 Reply

support-swapna

drenriza,

Apologies for delayed response. I see the problem with the error mark in the web.xml at my end. A bug is filed for the dev team and they are looking into it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#534162 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

Super, and about content assist for JSP, you will also follow up with an update on this?

#534178 Reply

support-swapna

drenriza,

Yes, I have already filed a bug for the JSP EL tags content assist problem.
    We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#535167 Reply

drenriza
    Participant

Hi Swapna and Brian.
    Is their a new status on this issue?

– Open / closed
    – Started
    – Finalizing
    – Resolved
    – …

Or do we have a date range for when it can be expected that this has been resolved if it hasn’t already?

Thanks in advance
    Kind regards

#535228 Reply

Brian Fernandes

drenriza,

The status is Open. For the upcoming release (2017 CI 8) we are focussing on some Angular and TypeScript fixes, so it will not make this release.

I will be prioritizing the investigation of the issue, and hopefully the fix as well, for the CI 9 release, which is over a month away at this point.

Apologies for the further delay.

#541817 Reply

Brian Fernandes

drenriza,

I regret to inform you that we could not put this fix into the CI 9 release and we had to push it out.

Realistically, since this issue is affected by Eclipse webtools code, we will only be able to address it during the next major release of MyEclipse, MyEclipse 2018, at which time we will be doing a webtools refresh as well. I will let you know when we have an update on this bug.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse content assist .jsp Expression Language (with more)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in