facebook

MyEclipse EJB 3.x Tutorial Problems

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RickSuds

I have tried to run this tutorial and it does not seem to work with GlassFish 3.0.1 final
    I got this exception “contains zero ejb. Note: 1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity (1.x/2.x style)”

It seems to want a pre 3.0 entity bean? Is there a patch/workaround available…

I am using MyEclipse for Spring 8.6

Thanks

After some more fruitless searching Its now throwing this
    javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for xxx.xxx.xxxx in SerialContext targetHost=127.0.0.1,targetPort=3700,orb’sInitialHost=localhost,orb’sInitialPort=3700 [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: xxx.xxx.xxxx not found

This is’nt as far as I can tell an Eclipse problem but rather GlassFish 3.0.1, this is absurd, this problem has been around forever and no one seems to have a fix for it. In any event you might want to rework your tutorials to exclude any reference to GlassFish until they fix the problem

#315409 Reply

support-joy

RickSuds,

Sorry to hear you are running into these issues. Can you answer below queries –
    1. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open ME4S IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details
    2. Can you clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the steps and copy and paste relevant portion of the .log file here
    3. Can you share the weblink of the tutorial here
    4. Can you elaborate the steps that resulted in the above issue?
    5. Also attach screenshots which will help me get a visual. You can either [pm]/[post reply] the attachments

#315416 Reply

RickSuds

Thanks for getting back to me

I got it working, the problem was with GlassFish and the location of the AutoDeploy folder. Anyway here is the link to the tutorial – http://127.0.0.1:16196/help/topic/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/ejb3/index.html?resultof=%22%45%4a%42%22%20%22%65%6a%62%22%20. Also under the section about the test client you might want to add something like this:

Properties jndiProps = new Properties();
                jndiProps.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialInitContextFactory");
                jndiProps.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "com.sun.enterprise.naming");
                jndiProps.put("java.naming.factory.state", "com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl");
                jndiProps.put("java.naming.provider.url", "iiop://localhost:3700");
                jndiProps.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "127.0.0.1");
                jndiProps.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "3700");
                InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(jndiProps);             
                myRemote bean = (myRemote) ctx.lookup("xxx.xxxx.xxxx.myRemote"); 

bean.doSomething();

Thanks Again
    Rick

#315439 Reply

support-joy

Rick,

Good to hear you are all set. I am afraid, the link for EJB3 tutorial site provided by you is not valid. I see that it refers to your localhost. Can you please check http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html and verify if the tutorial you are referring to is also provided here and point me to the relevant link?

Thanks

#315460 Reply

RickSuds
    #315489 Reply

support-joy

Rick,

Thank you. I shall investigate and get back to you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse EJB 3.x Tutorial Problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in