facebook

MyEclipse Explorer view navigation extremly slow – MyEclipse 2017 C3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Sudda and Markus,

We’ve been able to replicate some of these slowdowns in-house with the current version. I’m raising the priority on these and will keep you posted on updates.

Sudda – your initial post complained only about performance issues with the MyEclipse Explorer. Have you experienced other issues as well?

#537736 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

We did not start using ME 2017, so did not notice other issues. The extremely slow performance issue on MyExplorer view was a blocker.

#537880 Reply

Markus Becker
    Participant

Brian,

thank you.

#537946 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sudda,

Thank you for your update. If you could repeat the process of getting the thread dumps, or attaching the dumps from your previous attempt, that would be extremely helpful. We updated some forum settings recently, so after compression, you should be able to upload these files, if not – please email them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian with a link to this thread.

Markus, if you could also follow the steps in this post (step #4) and gather a few thread dumps, that would be great. Internally, we’ve been able to replicate the breakpoint issue, but haven’t been able to get the slow explorer problem to occur, so external dumps would help a great deal.

Thanks!

Thanks!

#538123 Reply

Markus Becker
    Participant

Brian,

I was finally able to solve my issue. I did create a new tomcat 8.0 server connector in ME 2016. Then I did config my web project (deployment/server) to tomcat 8.0 and closed ME 2016 in order to start this in ME 2017. In 2017 I did set the project again to the tomcat 8.5 connector and now all work without any problems.

#540991 Reply

John Flanagan
    Participant

I am having the same problem – extremely slow response when trying to expand packages, and extremely slow response when setting or clearing breakpoints. A very similar setup to Suda – Tomcat 8.5 etc. Either of these actions will make MyE unresponsive for 30-60 seconds. And during build/validation, the action “Resetting Selection” hangs MyEclipse. This all seems like fairly recent changes.

#541009 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

John,

We would love to resolve the issue with expanding packages in the explorer, but we need some information to track it down. Would you be able to provide us with thread dumps during the freeze as Brian asked Markus for. It will help us to determine the part of workbench responsible for the freeze.

Thanks!

#561683 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

Update 3/12/2018: MyEclipse 2017 CI 10 is still slow in ME Explorer View. This is when opening top level folder “JavaSource” which has package structure with about >2000 classes. Opening any first level package which has large structure below it, also shows noticeable slowness.
    After opening once, it is now longer slow. i.e can collapse and open without issues.

To recap.
    1) This slowness ONLY in ME Explorer view. However developers use ME Explorer view most, so important to resolve.
    2) Issue cannot be replicated in “Package Explorer” or Naviagator views.
    3) No Servers started in ME IDE
    4) No other heavy processes running on same machine

I have thread dumps of ME process. Please instruct how to upload. The max file size uploadable here is 5120KB

Thanks
    Sudda

#561698 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sudda,

Glad to have you back – I’m afraid the problem hasn’t been fixed because we weren’t able to get dumps yet, and we could not reproduce internally.

Can you send your dumps to support@genuitec.com with a link to this thread? They would help a great deal!

#561761 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

Brian,

The dump files are actually small. I’m loading them here so we can reference easily.

1) You can sort them according to timestamp(ascending) to follow sequence
    2) Top Structure with the opening issue in “MyEclipse Explorer”:
    [WebProject]
    —-> JavaSource
    —–> com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #561764 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

Update: The “JavaSource” folder contains ~7240 java class files. Its not ~2000 as mentioned earlier in this thread.

#561867 Reply

John Flanagan
    Participant

Hi support-piotr,

I’m sorry I didn’t reply to your request for more information – I only remembered it as I saw the new posts on this thread today.

I resolved this issue – at least for myself. I realized I had accidentally switched from the Package Explorer view to the MyEclipse Explorer view. This seemed to cause all the problems – once I switched back to Package Explorer, all the issues went away.

So I can’t provide more information on the cause of the problem – only that the MyEclipse Explorer view was the culprit.

Thanks,

John

#562490 Reply

support-swapna

Sudda,

Thank you for the dump files. We tried to replicate the problem at our end with over 7000 java files in a source folder but see only couple of seconds delay in expanding the folder for the first time and the behavior is the same in Package Explorer as well.

The data in the dumps have references to JRebel and Jetty. If possible, can you please check if uninstalling JRebel helps fix the MyEclipse Explorer view problem?

Also please share with us the size of your JavaSource folder.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#562735 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

The size of JavaSource folder is 77 MB.

1) Uninstalling JRebel will be greater effort, so I did not remove. However, I removed JRebel Nature from project, restarted ME IDE and same issue.
    2) I have same JRebel/Jetty active in ME 2016 and don’t see “MyEclipse Explorer” slowness issue.

#565747 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

Comparing dump files during the SLOWNESS period, I see below activity as the difference:

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.hasFilteredChildren(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.select(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:65)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ViewerFilter.filter(ViewerFilter.java:56)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.hasFilteredChildren(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.select(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:65)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.navigator.NonEssentialElementsFilter.hasFilteredChildren(NonEssentialElementsFilter.java:79)

Is the above connected to rendering JSF files (*.xhtml) ? We use JSF/Richfaces library in WebProject.
    Note:- Our WebProject has .java, .html, .js, .xhtml files.

Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Sudda.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by Sudda.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Explorer view navigation extremly slow – MyEclipse 2017 C3

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in