facebook

MyEclipse IDE extrem slow and mostly shows waiting cursor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hluebeck
    Participant

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2017 Stable 2.0
    Build id: 15.0.1-20171220

Once i open a Java class File, for example via Open Declaration, it will be shown in “Java”. After that the complete MyEclipse IDE will be very slow and shows mostly a waiting cursor. It has enough memory so an “out of memory” is no option.

#550235 Reply

Brian Fernandes

hluebeck,

If you keep the progress view open, do you see any jobs running during the slowdown? Could you get a screenshot or let us know what they are?

Does MyEclipse recover from this sluggish / frozen state after some time, or do you have to kill or restart the IDE? If it is frozen and recovers, are subsequent operations in the IDE normal?

Were you using any prior version of MyEclipse, in which you did not experience this problem?

Do you have many projects in your workspace? Does this error occur for class files from any project or just a specific project. Could you try switching to a new workspace, importing your project into it and see if you can replicate the problem there too?

With your notes, I hope we’ll be able to sort out these issues in short order.

#550301 Reply

hluebeck
    Participant

I have made 2 Videos with and without these effect. In theses Videos i open a class File and insert some spaces into my java File and save it.

With Effect: http://download.bpm-inspire.com/other/harald/WithEffect.mp4
    Without Effect: http://download.bpm-inspire.com/other/harald/WithoutEffect.mp4

No MyEclipse does not recover and i restart the IDE. I had the same Effect in MyEclipse CI Version and switched back to the stable. I have many Project in my Workspace and you are right it only occurs with the classes from the jdk (rt.jar) and not with classes from jar’s from my workspace.

#550387 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for those videos, they clearly show what is happening – there did not appear to be a difference in jobs that were running in both the videos though, so there isn’t a wayward job which appears to be causing a problem.

It’s very interesting that the problems only manifest themselves when you’re opening a class from the JDK. If you close this class, does performance go back to normal in the same session?

Where is the JDK? Is it on a remote machine that is mapped to a local drive? If so, could you try configuring a local JDK at Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs and switch your project to use that as a test to see if that improves the situation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse IDE extrem slow and mostly shows waiting cursor

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in