facebook

MyEclipse is not working after 2021 update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

aralgundkar
    Participant

I have updated MyEclipse IDE from 2019 to 2021 and I am getting strange error. Right now I don’t know how to resolve this.

It says multiple problems have occured. See error log for more details.
    org/eclipse/jdt/ui/JavaUI

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #675582 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Aral,

This looks like an update gone awry. The most expedient way of resolving this is to download the 2021 offline installer and choose the Repair option in the installer to repair the existing installation. This should fix the issue.

Do let us know if you’re still running into problems with the installation.

#675669 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Now offline installer this issue is fixed however I cannot see SVN repositories now. I am getting below error. Is this update regressively tested ?

java.lang.Exception
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createErrorPart(ViewReference.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart(ViewReference.java:101)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPart(CompatibilityPart.java:304)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:342)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor156.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:999)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:964)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalInject(InjectorImpl.java:140)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:405)
    at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:332)

#675677 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Aral,

There should be no issues accessing your SVN repositories. We’ve run additional tests at our end and it has checked out fine, sorry to hear you’re still running into issues.

1) Can you tell us exactly when you see this message, do you get this when you attempt to open the SVN Repositories view?
    2) Please share the entire error log with us for better analysis. You can attach it here or write to support@genuitec.com with a reference to this thread.
    3) For testing purposes, can you try opening MyEclipse with a new workspace? Does the view open fine in this workspace? If so, if you add the repositories here, are they accessible as expected?

#675729 Reply

aralgundkar
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Please find below information –
    #1 – I see an exception when I click on the SVN Repository View. Along with that I don’t see any options when I select a project and click on ‘Team’ menu.
    #2 – Attached
    #3 – Everything works fine if I switch to new workspace.

Right now I am not in position to create a complete new workspace, I have 120+ projects into current workspace.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by aralgundkar.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #675748 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Aral,

I’m afraid the stack trace doesn’t contain enough information for us to debug this issue. I had asked for the entire workspace log (you can export this from the error log view). There might be some clues in there as to what is going wrong, but we cannot be sure it will help.

A couple of other suggestions:

1) You could open a new Window, which will fix it in case this is a perspective issue. Use Window > New Window to open a new MyEclipse window. Then close the older window and try opening the view in the new Window

2) I’m assuming you’re using Subclipse? You could try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

3) If the above don’t work, I’m afraid the most expedient solution is to use a new workspace. You can import all the projects from your existing workspace into the new workspace, and preferences can be exported too, so while there is some extra work required here, you will not need to recreate it from scratch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse is not working after 2021 update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in