facebook

Myeclipse Pro

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

Heh guys, I have an old version of MyEclipse for Spring (2014). I was wondering does the latest MyEclipse Pro contain most of the Spring I would have had in that old version?

cheers

#616075 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Yes, it does – we put all the functionality into a single product, if you were using a MyEclipse for Spring license, you will have access to at least the same capabilities.

#616085 Reply

James
    Participant

Ok, thanks for your reply. I purchased the Pro version but noticed that my existing Spring version will not take the licence key to downgrade. It says it needs to be a Spring version licence. I didn’t want to loose all the setup I have. I have a couple of questions:

1) If I upgrade my licence key to Spring (using the upgrade option) will my existing Spring setup take/accept that new licence key then or do I need to install the new Pro version I purchased first separately and then upgrade this new install to Spring and then import all my existing Spring setup over and then enter the new Spring licence key. It seems such a long process.

2) Maybe I can get a refund on the new Pro key I haven’t used and then buy a Spring key.

3) If the new Pro version contains all the Spring functionality I used back in 2014 and I stick with it can I import my existing Spring projects and all the existing additional configuration parts that go with it into this new Pro version.

Hope someone can help.

cheers

#616127 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Yes, the Pro license won’t work on the Spring specific installation (from back when we had separate distributions).

I see you are already trying the latest version. You’ll have to try 2017 due to the 64-bit issues, though I would strongly recommend upgrading so that you can use the most recent 2019.4 release, I realize this may be a hardware consideration. The best way to figure out the license level you need is to continue down this path, and work on your project with this version, to see if you are offered an, “Upgrade Trial” to the Advanced Spring level functionality.

I’m sure we can figure out the right way to get you an upgrade to a Spring license, if you need it.

#616138 Reply

James
    Participant

So, finally the 2017 version installed. Is there a way I can import my projects from my existing Spring version into Pro?

#616140 Reply

James
    Participant

On another note, I clicked on the “Upgrade Trial” link in my old spring version and it sent me a Bling licence? Should it not have sent me a Spring licence?

#616141 Reply

Brian Fernandes

You can re-open the same workspace in Pro (make a backup of it if you wish). Or you can import the projects using File > Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace. You can choose to make a copy of the projects when you import, or you can simply refer to the projects where they are. Version control connections should be maintained.

Hope this helps.

#616915 Reply

James
    Participant

So, I went ahead and asked for a trial licence key. I was sent a Bling key only to find out down the track that my spring version will not work correctly because I have a Bling key. Now I have a pro license that I don’t use which I hope to get a refund and a Bling key that is useless to me. How long is this drama going to continue. I sent a message to sales asking for a 30 day Spring key trial and now they are haggling over giving me only a 7 day trial spring key. Really? The 30 day trial spring key should not even be a question in sales in any organisation? It is getting really frustrating. I am looking into IntelliJ IDEA at the moment.

#616936 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Much of the confusion has been caused by the fact that you’re still using software that was released seven years ago, where the different products would only accept product-specific keys. I believe you interacted with our automated system for a trial key, this always provides a Bling key (highest license level), which gives you access to all the capabilities in recent versions of MyEclipse. This is because trial users test the latest versions of the product, not MyEclipse 10.

I believe your other concerns are being addressed by our sales team, who have already issued you an additional 30-day Spring key, so I will not discuss those issues further here.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Myeclipse Pro

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in