facebook

New search function is broken

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

I just tried MyEclipse 2.0. The new search function is broken. It’s some inline search or so. When I hit CTRL+F and then type a search phrase, then the first or sometimes the first 2 characters are written in the search box and after that I’m in the code editor and whatever I type changes my code. That’s a no-go.

I’ve noticed that you have to press CTRL+F twice now to get the old search dialog. Is it possible to disable the new broken mechanism and always get the old search dialog?

#591193 Reply

support-swapna

Lofi,

Thank you for trying MyEclipse 2017 Stable 2.0. Sorry that you are seeing problems with Inline Search.
    You can disable the inline search on the Window > Preferences > DevStyle preference page. Uncheck “Use the Inline Search” checkbox.

We are aware of this problem in MyEclipse Spring Config Editor but in rest of the editors like Java,JSP,XML etc it should work fine.

Can you please let us know in which editor you are seeing the problem to help us investigate further?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591309 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

It happened in the MyEclipse Java editor. But it’s random, can’t reproduce it a 100%. I’ll just turn it off. Thank you.

#591561 Reply

support-swapna

Lofi,

The dev team is looking into your report about Inline Search dialog focus problem in Java editor.
    We will keep you posted about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#592779 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Similar problem here. Copy something to search for, then cmd+f (Mac) and try to paste the text into the Inline Search field. It’ll paste into your editor and not in the search field. This is happening as of 6/30/2018 with latest download. Please fix. Thanks!

#592825 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Steven,

Although I couldn’t replicate the issue with the latest version of DevStyle (1.11.0.201805291134, as given on the Installed Software tab of the installation details dialog), you may be using a different version of eclipse or you may be editing particular types of file or using a particular color theme.

Could you please provide the details of your environment and what type of files you’re editing, so that we can investigate further?

#592827 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Steven,

Sorry; I see this is on a MyEclipse forum and, having been looking at another DevStyle issue, I thought you were running under eclipse. If you’re running MyEclipse, I again tried to replicate your issue but couldn’t. If you are running MyEclipse then the DevStyle version won’t apply but the release of MyEclipse would (you mentioned “latest download” but there are multiple versions on the MyEclipse download page).

Again, sorry for assuming you were running under eclipse but we still need as much information as possible to try to find the cause. It would also help to export the error log from the Error Log view and attach it to your reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: New search function is broken

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in